True 1.1.3 Jailbreak released (ZiPhone)!

stewcp

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Bristol, UK
ZiPhone has been released... its the first true jailbreak that works with all firmwares including 1.1.3, any baseband, any bootloader...

Simply download the program, run from windows command prompt (the mac version doesn't work too well) and run 'ziPhone -j -a' to Jailbreak and Activate - only takes 45sec !

It can also unlock any phone, but currently it will replace a 1.1.3 modem firmware (04.03) with 1.1.2's modem firmware (04.02)!... but still, an easy way to have a unlocked iPhone with 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 firmware!

But still, good news for anyone who wants to Jailbreak their brand new 16GB 1.1.3 iPhone :laugh2:

Visit here for download: http://zibree.blogspot.com/2008/02/ziPhone.html

oppie1

Jul 12, 2007
ZiPhone has been released... its the first true jailbreak that works with all firmwares including 1.1.3, any baseband, any bootloader...

Simply download the program, run from windows command prompt (the mac version doesn't work too well) and run 'ziPhone -j -a' to Jailbreak and Activate - only takes 45sec !

It can also unlock any phone, but currently it will replace a 1.1.3 modem firmware (04.03) with 1.1.2's modem firmware (04.02)!... but still, an easy way to have a unlocked iPhone with 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 firmware!

But still, good news for anyone who wants to Jailbreak their brand new 16GB 1.1.3 iPhone :laugh2:

Visit here for download: http://zibree.blogspot.com/2008/02/ziPhone.html

ran it on my upgraded 1.1.3 and it worked like a charm.... great work to the dev team...

bluedrib

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
The Boot "Louisiana"
i ran it on my 112 upgrade and activated through iTunes to 113 and it works.......except locate me in google maps. It just searches and searches never finds me :( but other than that it worked perfect and faster than any process out ! if any one has the same problem or a fix for locate me let me know.....i know about the app in installer but i would rather it work through google and not have to launch a program first.

oppie1

Jul 12, 2007
i ran it on my 112 upgrade and activated through iTunes to 113 and it works.......except locate me in google maps. It just searches and searches never finds me :( but other than that it worked perfect and faster than any process out ! if any one has the same problem or a fix for locate me let me know.....i know about the app in installer but i would rather it work through google and not have to launch a program first.
my locate me worked right away, without a fix needed

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
locate me need atleast 3 cell towers in the area to triangulate you. if there are only 1 or 2 towers then it wont be able to find. so if you live in some rural area that is a very likely possibility.

I decided to try this on one of my 1.1.3 iPhones. This is a phone that I upgraded from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 on. I wanted to mainly do this to see if I could use the sim from my 1.1.2 iPhone that I still have at 1.1.2 and plan to keep it that way. I had tried using the sim from that 1.1.2 iPhone in one of my 1.1.3 iPhones and it just would not work on either iPhone.

That is until I ran this Jailbreak/unlock program. Now the sim works in the 1.1.3 phone! My only problem like a previous reply in this thread, locate me just spins and spins and spins yet it works fine in my other normal 1.1.3 iPhone. Something in this unlock has messed with the Maps locate me feature and it's not because it's not connecting to three cell towers, as I said my other 1.1.3 phone can still locate me.

Just to ley eberyone in on a few observations on this Jalibreak:

1. I unlocked one of my 1.1.3 OTB iPhones. I also Jailbroke it. Because this downgraded the baseband, the locate me feature in maps doesn't work. It probably will work if you just jailbrake the iPhone.

2. This really does unlock the iPhone and any sim will work. Though all we have here is other AT&T sims such as a sim from an old GoPhone from Radio Shack. Under a normal 1.1.3 iPhone, that sim wouldn't work. Under the unlocked 1.1.3 iPhone it does work. My sim card from my 1.1.2 iPhone would not work in the 1.1.3 iPhone till I unlocked it using this code.

All in all I'm happy that I can now switch my iPhones sims between iPhones again.

Feb 14, 2008
I've been having quite the time attempting to get my phone to work. Jailbreak worked and I was into 1.1.2...i have a turbosim and was told that i should just be able to put that in with my simcard and it would work, however it didn't. so i tried to restore to 1.1.1 again and got it jailbreaked, but then it would freeze on the activation screen. so i tried to set it back to original factory settings and see if that would work...then it just froze on the DFU screen. now i'm trying the ZiPhone (it was already restored to 1.1.1 but i read that doesn't matter) and in the ZiPhone it just says "searching for iPhone" and my phone is stuck on the Apple screen. does it have to be docked for this to work? i'm really stuck here as to where to go. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Aug 16, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
just used ZiPhone and damn it is a lot easier than ibrickr. I'm updating everything now, will report in if I run into any problems
**update** things are running good after installing new apps and all the normal apps are working fine

Feb 14, 2008
So i tried ZiPhone again and now my phone is stuck on the start screen (with the Apple logo) and iTunes won't recognize when i try to put it in recovery mode. and if i try to use ZiPhone again my computer says that there's a problem and it has to close ZiPhone. Am i able to use that on windows or no? What the hell did i do to my phone