Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]True Detective[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Crime[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2014-01-12[/RELEASE]

Creator: [SERIESAUTH]Nic Pizzolatto[/SERIESAUTH]

Cast: [ACTOR]Woody Harrelson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Matthew McConaughey[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michelle Monaghan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Potts[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tory Kittles[/ACTOR]

Overview: [PLOT]True Detective is an American television anthology drama series on HBO created and written by Nic Pizzolatto and directed by Cary Fukunaga. The series stars Matthew McConaughey, Woody Harrelson, Kevin Dunn, Michelle Monaghan, Alexandra Daddario and Elizabeth Reaser, and utilizes multiple timelines to trace two detectives' hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana across seventeen years.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
So the season 2 finale is Sunday. It flew by because it's only eight episodes. True Detective and Ray Donovan are my favorite shows right now. True Detective is complicated and fast paced and I should watch each episode twice but I don't, so I was confused on a few things. I found an article that breaks down the episodes and clears up all the questions I had. I'm excited for the finale. Last Sunday's episode...Damn.

Read this if you have any questions. It covers up to Sunday night's episode, so don't read it if you aren't caught up.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat...ide_to_the_plot_of_this_confusing_season.html

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
You're just about the only person that I've heard say anything positive about season 2. The first season was a must see for us but all the bad press regarding season 2 as it debuted and as the weeks progressed has suppressed any desire to watch it in lieu of other shows we follow.
YMMV

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Well, I'll admit I didn't love it from the get go. It took it a few episodes to find its stride. I considered giving up on it around episode 2, but I'm so glad I gave it a chance. It's a complicated show, but awesome, IMO.