True or not?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Austinsdc

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
Found this on Apple Discussion board............
(link no longer valid)

1:03 PST JUST CONFIRMED $200 MAIL IN REBATE ON ALL PREV SEPT 5TH CUSTOMERS

I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH ONE OF THE HEADS OVER AT APPLE THEY SAID THEY UNDERSTAND EVERYONE CURRENT iPhone CUSTOMERS DISSAPOINTMENT..

A $200 REBATE FORM WILL BE ADDED ON APPLE WITHIN THE WEEK AND ITS A REQUEST FOR A $200 REBATE!
YOU'RE ALL SAVED

Last edited by a moderator:

zeluiz22

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Found this on Apple Discussion board............

1:03 PST JUST CONFIRMED $200 MAIL IN REBATE ON ALL PREV SEPT 5TH CUSTOMERS

I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH ONE OF THE HEADS OVER AT APPLE THEY SAID THEY UNDERSTAND EVERYONE CURRENT iPhone CUSTOMERS DISSAPOINTMENT..

A $200 REBATE FORM WILL BE ADDED ON APPLE WITHIN THE WEEK AND ITS A REQUEST FOR A $200 REBATE!
YOU'RE ALL SAVED
Snowball in hell.

Austinsdc

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
Re: 1:03 PST JUST CONFIRMED $200 MAIL IN REBATE ON ALL PREV SEPT 5TH CUSTOM

"Right now we're reviewing the overwhelming response of the iPhone's price cut, and had no idea it would result in over powering the news of our new iPod family, thus tarnishing this memorable day. As a result we are happily willing to give a $200 3 week rebate if your phone was purchased inside a retail store."
I also confirmed
"Once posted the rebate form will remain open for 7 days, giving a week for current iPhone customers to apply; after 1 week, we will not process any new rebate requests"

that is from Mark Miller one of APPLE Inc's marketing heads

Austinsdc

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
The thread has been deleted from Apple's discussion board and the discussions button has been removed from Apple.com..............They can't delete posts fast enough over there apparently. What a f-ed up day.

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
There's no way.

First of all, Mark Miller - or whomever - isn't going to allow his name to be leaked on an Apple message board in conjunction with an unconfirmed report about a refund.

Secondly, it's "overpowering" not "over powering." I would expect someone that high up on the Apple totem pole to know how to spell properly.

Third, what in the world is a "3 week rebate?" The whole thing is so cryptic that there's no way someone could understand the terms and take it seriously.

Either this whole thing is bogus, or Apple needs to get rid of Mr. Miller and hire me as one of their "marketing heads." Or both.

Austinsdc

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
people on the Apple discussion boards are saying they are getting rebates on the phone with Apple online sales. Wonder what ATT will do as i bought 2 there on the 29th?

Austinsdc

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
examples of posts:

Re: Call Apple sales - they WILL give you a credit

nautical wrote:
nice! the Apple store here wouldn't do anything. i wish they had a uniform policy

I called 1-800-My-Apple, spoke to someone there and they told me to talk to the store manager at the Pasadena Store and they would arrange a refund. Keep trying!

William

Re: Call Apple sales - they WILL give you a credit

I called my local Apple Store and they said that management has now determined that a credit will be issued to you if you take in the original receipt and the iPhone to the store.

Be patient and persistent and you might find success. Don't yell and harang.