Trust or Not Trust Computer?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by EverythingApple, Nov 25, 2013.

1. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

The trusted computer or device can access the files and settings of your iOS device. A trusted computer can sync with your iOS device, import photos, access movies and videos, contacts, and other such content, until you disconnect. The data stored on your iOS device is not exposed before you enter your passcode (if enabled) and choose to trust the connected computer or device.
    If you're just charging, you should be ok. Your phone is only exposed while it's connected. Why not use a charger and plug into a wall?

Sent on iPhone 5 using iCafe app

3. EverythingApple

Gold

I wasn't charging while driving. It just popped up.

Sent using iCafe app

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

It was my understanding that you were only connecting to the computer to charge the phone. So if you have concerns, why not use the charger (not car charger) and plug in the wall or some available outlet?

5. EverythingApple

Gold

Where in my first post did you read that? I wasn't connected to ANY computer. I was driving in my car using my phone when this happened. I wasn't charging at the time. You're not answering my question. You're reading stuff that's not posted.

Could someone please answer my first post? @chris @Europa?

Sent using iCafe app

6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I see now. That is kind of odd. Sorry!

7. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

What you described is very odd, I would reinstall ios7 and set up as new as a first step. Second step if that doesn't work, take it to Apple.

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Go to Settings > General > iTunes WiFi Sync
    Are there any computers here that you don't recognize?

USB errors can cause this problem. Have you been getting any charging or syncing errors? I know the phone wasn't connected at the time, but had you recently connected it to a USB port in the car or an external charger when you got this popup?

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings
    This will delete all trusted computers. It takes five or ten minutes to put your settings back in after doing this, but it should forget the trusted devices and resolve this problem. If the problem continues after that, you might want to restore.