Trying to do a little audit.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

winyan

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
How many of you were told that the activation instructions were on your receipt(s)?

I was, and though I read the receipts thoroughly, I saw NOTHING that even remotely looked like activation instructions. This was from an AT&T on phone help desk tech.

win

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
How many of you were told that the activation instructions were on your receipt(s)?

I was, and though I read the receipts thoroughly, I saw NOTHING that even remotely looked like activation instructions. This was from an AT&T on phone help desk tech.

win
My store told me I was required to use the "activation code" on my receipt. They even gave me a flyer on qualifications, and it was listed again in writing. So I had my receipt ready, and didn't even need it haha! I mean it was no problem - just one less detail - but I wonder where the whole receipt thing even originated.

winyan

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Hi OhioStateBoy!

My store told me I was required to use the "activation code" on my receipt. They even gave me a flyer on qualifications, and it was listed again in writing. So I had my receipt ready, and didn't even need it haha! I mean it was no problem - just one less detail - but I wonder where the whole receipt thing even originated.
I've no clue, but the representative was sure the instructions were on there, and the only place I see even the smallest reference to activation is on the bag, which I just looked at a few seconds ago. Even then it's in very general terms, and mentions that you 'activate via iTunes', that's about it.

win

mrmacbook

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007

win

Nope, all the Apple store clerk told me was to enjoy my iPhone. :laugh2: