Trying to downgrade to 1.1.1.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Hey there... i have been unsuccessfuly trying to downgrade my firmware from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1. The problem i am running into is that iTunes gives me an error saying "this iPhone cannot be restored... unknown error" or something along those lines. I know the .ipsw file i am using is good because i installed 1.1.1 just earlier today, and it was working fine.

Is there anything else i need to do to downgrade?

just so you know, my ultimate goal is to have a jailbroken 1.1.2, but i have had all kinds of problems today attempting this.

thanks for any help.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Are you getting an "unknown error" in iTunes or "error 1015"? If you're downgrading from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1, you're supposed to get a 1015 error at the end. Then just use iBrickr (if on windows) or Independence (if on Mac) to kick your phone out of restore mode and proceed to jailbreaking your phone using wifi.

Also, are you on Windows, Intel Mac, or Mac PPC? And what version of iTunes? Locked or unlocked phone?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah, sorry, i just figured that one out.

Now to the bigger problem of why jailbreakme.com isn't doing anything...

btw, i'm on a PC w/ windows XP, and i have an un-unlocked iPhone currently un-activated with 1.1.1. I have iTunes 7.4.2.4.

thanks for the help.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
I'm sorry to hear that jailbreakme.com isn't working at the moment. I jailbroke another phone just yesterday and it was fine, but perhaps there's something wrong with the server. Did you try the slovix method again? Remember, if you've already visited jailbreakme.com, you'll have to restore to 1.1.1 again before trying. Good luck!

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
also if your not activated you wont see a progress with the jailbreakme.com
wait it out
and make sure your on wi-fi

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i was activated... and i tried it on a reliable wifi as well as EDGE.

I did only try the slovix link once today, so i'll try that again tomorrow when i can dedicate more time to it.

thanks for the tips.

Sirius389

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
New Jersey
Quick question

i had the same sort of problem, and i am going to just finally ask.

I am trying to downgrade my 1.1.2 iPhone to 1.1.1 obviously...i have tried numerous times and to no avail i still have 1.1.2 kept getting unknown error

No one has mentioned using a powerpc mac like i am, are there special intructions for it or am i just messing up horribly?

i just got my iPhone last week and accidentally upgraded it without looking out of excitement...stupid i know...and when i realized what happened it was too late.

I am using an iBook with Leopard (PPC)
iTunes 7.5
and i have iNdependence 1.3

Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance

Nov 26, 2007
Hey guys I have this weird problem.
I have downgraded my newly bought iPhone(11/17 or around, came preinstalled 1.1.2) successfuly to 1.1.1 & used the windows.bat file to kick it out of that errror mode. Now after it reboots, it dosen't activates, as it says carrier not found. Even though it was already activated using iTunes. So I tried jailbreak 1.1.1 --> oktoprep --> upgrade 1.1.2. in that case it wipes out everything it has and when I try jailbreaking in 1.1.2, it throws an error, saying jailbreak works only if you have installed oktoprep.

ps: this was done on a windows machine.

please help.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Hey guys I have this weird problem.
I have downgraded my newly bought iPhone(11/17 or around, came preinstalled 1.1.2) successfuly to 1.1.1 & used the windows.bat file to kick it out of that errror mode. Now after it reboots, it dosen't activates, as it says carrier not found. Even though it was already activated using iTunes. So I tried jailbreak 1.1.1 --> oktoprep --> upgrade 1.1.2. in that case it wipes out everything it has and when I try jailbreaking in 1.1.2, it throws an error, saying jailbreak works only if you have installed oktoprep.

ps: this was done on a windows machine.

please help.
That means you either didn't install oktoprep correctly, or you accidentally clicked on "restore" to 1.1.2, which wipes out oktoprep. I know that oktoprep wasn't working on Installer the other day (when you attempt to install, it would just crash and bring you back to the springboard).

I suggest trying again. When you downgrade to 1.1.1, your phone will not have service, since the baseband is different. But you can use your wifi to jailbreak your phone and install oktoprep. This time, make sure it is indeed installed by launching Installer again and checking to see if Oktoprep is listed in the "uninstall" section. If so, upgrade back to 1.1.2 and try the jailbreaking process again.

dannyrocks

Nov 26, 2007
thanks a lot enigmanic

it worked this time, i cannot believe this, I tried jailbreaking a couple of times and everytime I used to hit restore..:laugh2: Thanks again... its not me, its my bad memory..

Nov 26, 2007
ok i had the same problem as the guy above i fixed it and now i cant jailbreak my phone when i go to jailbreakme.com and scroll to the bottom i click the link and all i see is a blue don't in the top left corner

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
ok i had the same problem as the guy above i fixed it and now i cant jailbreak my phone when i go to jailbreakme.com and scroll to the bottom i click the link and all i see is a blue don't in the top left corner
A blue dot means the tiff exploit was patched. You need to restore 1.1.1 again and then try jailbreakme.com again.

sameer0230

Oct 29, 2007
need help on wifi

Please help on this....

I have a iPhone which came with 1.1.1 firmware which i downgraded to 1.0.2 and worked fine for 5 days then hung up and now whenever i try to restore it with iTunes it says it will be upgraded to the new firmware that is 1.1.2 and to jailbreak and activate it i guess one needs WIFI which is not working on my phone...wts the solution to this problem ,,,,,please help....

That means you either didn't install oktoprep correctly, or you accidentally clicked on "restore" to 1.1.2, which wipes out oktoprep. I know that oktoprep wasn't working on Installer the other day (when you attempt to install, it would just crash and bring you back to the springboard).

I suggest trying again. When you downgrade to 1.1.1, your phone will not have service, since the baseband is different. But you can use your wifi to jailbreak your phone and install oktoprep. This time, make sure it is indeed installed by launching Installer again and checking to see if Oktoprep is listed in the "uninstall" section. If so, upgrade back to 1.1.2 and try the jailbreaking process again.