Trying to stay honest

Doors77

Sep 22, 2007
I got my iPhone in the mail today and i was wondering about my options to getting it working. I currently am in a family plan with AT&T and i was wondering how much extra i will have to pay to get my iPhone working with my plan. I read something about getting a $20 data plan, with that plan will I have the phone working at its full ability or do I have to get a more expensive plan? Im aware of the hacks out there to unlock phones and getting them working without the required plan but i'd rather do the honest thing first if it not a huge increase on my monthly bill.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I got my iPhone in the mail today and i was wondering about my options to getting it working. I currently am in a family plan with AT&T and i was wondering how much extra i will have to pay to get my iPhone working with my plan. I read something about getting a $20 data plan, with that plan will I have the phone working at its full ability or do I have to get a more expensive plan? Im aware of the hacks out there to unlock phones and getting them working without the required plan but i'd rather do the honest thing first if it not a huge increase on my monthly bill.
$29.99.

$20 for the iPhone data package and 9.99 to add a line to your family plan.

mrgisriel

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
Even if im already have a line in my family package?
No, if you already have a line (you will just be replacing you current phone with the iPhone) then it will be $20 and that includes:

$20 Plan:
200 txt mssgs
Unlimited data transfer (internet)
Visual voicemail

$30 plan
Everything above, 1500 txt mssgs

$40 plan
Everything above, Unlimited txt mssgs

As you can see, through the price differences you will only be changing the abount of txt mssgs you get.
I agree, stay honest..I mean if you don't text a lot (and even if you do) the plans are not that HIGH, so i say its worth it.

Derek Gisriel

Doors77

Sep 22, 2007
What if my family plan already includes unlimited texts messages? Would the $20 plan only give me 200 or unlimited?

mrgisriel

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
What if my family plan already includes unlimited texts messages? Would the $20 plan only give me 200 or unlimited?
Yes, I was in the same boat as you. I had unlimited txt mssgs and the iPhone plan will replace any data/txt mssg plan you currently have. So, if you want/need unlimited txt it will be the $40 plan you need to shoot for.

Hope this helps-
Derek Gisriel