Tunewear Icewear for iPhone is now available

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
it looks nice, but i don't trust it. I'll wait for some reliable reviews.

Plus, that hole for the homescreen button looks REALLY deep. Not sure if my fat fingers will fit in that.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
i ordered one. my incase protective cover was crap (it stretched out - apparently a bad batch of them) and i just got a new one through their warranty, but i haven't opened it yet. i want to see how this tunewear case is (and i'll do a review on my site) - if it's good, i'll just sell the new replacement incase...

rumpelgeist

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
i ordered one. my incase protective cover was crap (it stretched out - apparently a bad batch of them) and i just got a new one through their warranty, but i haven't opened it yet. i want to see how this tunewear case is (and i'll do a review on my site) - if it's good, i'll just sell the new replacement incase...
Yes, let us know. I too am curious.

I was one of the "victims" of the InCase silicone case issue. I had the scratches, etc.

I love the look of this case, chiefly because it is the clearest silicone case I've seen yet. That's important to me, because I want to be able to actually see the design of the iPhone, while protecting it at the same time.

BUT, if this case scratches my phone like the InCase did, I'll be livid.

Rumpelgeist

rumpelgeist

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
it's silicone, won't it stretch?
Not necessarily.

I think that the reason the InCase cases stretched out is because they were crap. I understand that their first batch was bad, and that is why they stretched.

I had a silicone case on an old 4G iPod for the longest time. Just some really, really cheap case (like $10 bucks) that I got at CompUSA. It never stretched a bit. It was a POS for other reasons, but it never, ever stretched.

Rumpelgeist

lci3341

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
I ordered this case online and I'm going to send it back. After just a few hours I was unhappy with it...

1. The case is THICK--- much thicker than my speck skin...
2. The cutouts are poor-- they look like someone used an exacto knife-- rough around the edges and irregular. Maybe I got a bad one, but still.
3. The case is sticky and picks up lint/dirt like a magnet-- and sometimes has that "wet" look where it contacts the iPhone. Even after washing it it's still has a sticky feel and attracts dust. This does not seem to be a problem on the SPECK skin so I'm sticking with that....

The case IS really clear-- which is why I ordered it-- but I can't live with it's faults; I would not recommend this case...

rumpelgeist

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
I ordered this case online and I'm going to send it back. After just a few hours I was unhappy with it...

1. The case is THICK--- much thicker than my speck skin...
2. The cutouts are poor-- they look like someone used an exacto knife-- rough around the edges and irregular. Maybe I got a bad one, but still.
3. The case is sticky and picks up lint/dirt like a magnet-- and sometimes has that "wet" look where it contacts the iPhone. Even after washing it it's still has a sticky feel and attracts dust. This does not seem to be a problem on the SPECK skin so I'm sticking with that....

The case IS really clear-- which is why I ordered it-- but I can't live with it's faults; I would not recommend this case...
Yeah, it sucks. Mine is goin' back too.

Don't go here.

Rumpelgeist