Tunewiki troubles

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Ok, so here's how far behind I am... the wife and I only very recently discovered Tunewiki. She is beside herself loving it, and I think it's amazing too. Problem is I can't get it working on my phone. No matter what song I get "Sorry, No Lyrics Yet" even when I know there are. Works great on hers. We're both 1.1.4 with a nearly identical compliment of apps and games.

I've read about issues with tunewiki and 1.1.3 where you must manually create private/var/root/media/lrc and set permission to 0777 recursively. I tried that and it didn't change anything. Then I also read to make an LRC folder in Applications/tunewiki.app with 0777 permissions, and I tried that. No go. I SSH'd into the wife's phone and notice she has that LRC folder in Applications/tunewiki.app and it's full of stuff. I tried copying hers over to mine but that did nothing.

I've tried uninstalling and restalliing a couple times now, and have also reset network and general settings. I've plum run out of ideas... anyone?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Wow I have completely exhausted Google on this one. Is this folder/permissions thing still an issue beyond 1.1.3 or am I barking up the wrong tree?

I've tried literally everything, including copying the entire application folder from my wife's phone (didn't work... blank screen when trying to start).

Someone's gotta help me here or else I'm going to go through the hell that is a restore. Yes, this program is that cool!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
If it helps, here is a list of apps that I have that my wife does not, just in case anyone can spot some inter-compatibility issue. Otherwise, our phones are identical.

AirHockey
AVPlayer
Chess
Collage
Contrasense
Customize 2.0
Guitarist
iCopter
iZoo
IMGSaver
Magic8
MIM
Mobilefinder
MXTube
NES
NOIZ2SA
PocketGuitar
TimeCapsule

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
are you songs original? do they have original names? right langauge etc? update to 1.1.4 lol

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'm already on 1.1.4 just like my wife. We're using the same songs synced from the same iTunes library and they're working on hers and not on mine. It's not even taking the time to check... it just tells me as soon as the song plays "Sorry, No lyrics yet!"

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
No, I didn't kill anything... today...

I'm going to try wiping my iTunes library tonight and resyncing. It's the only thing I can think to do at this point...

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
psylichon, this isn't much help but Im just wondering... What's the big deal with Tunewiki? doesn't it just get your song lyrics? Why not have the lyrics as part of the ID3 tag in iTunes? Then when you are listening to a song on your iPhone you just tap on the album art and poof, there are your lyrics.

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Sh*t man, sorry to hear about that.

Along the lyrics topic though. I found a program called iLyrics. Basically you fire up iTunes, then fire up iLyrics and it searches for the lyrics of all the songs in that particular playlist. It actually found more lyrics than I expected. Then, resync the iPhone and boom, you have lyrics. I love how its integrated into the iPod portion and you don't have to run a separate app for it.
So what else does Tunewiki do that sets it apart from that? Just curious, cause I installed Tunewiki and played with it and I didn't notice anything more than the lyrics.

pablodos

May 19, 2008
tunewiki

Ok, so here's how far behind I am... the wife and I only very recently discovered Tunewiki. She is beside herself loving it, and I think it's amazing too. Problem is I can't get it working on my phone. No matter what song I get "Sorry, No Lyrics Yet" even when I know there are. Works great on hers. We're both 1.1.4 with a nearly identical compliment of apps and games.

I've read about issues with tunewiki and 1.1.3 where you must manually create private/var/root/media/lrc and set permission to 0777 recursively. I tried that and it didn't change anything. Then I also read to make an LRC folder in Applications/tunewiki.app with 0777 permissions, and I tried that. No go. I SSH'd into the wife's phone and notice she has that LRC folder in Applications/tunewiki.app and it's full of stuff. I tried copying hers over to mine but that did nothing.

I've tried uninstalling and restalliing a couple times now, and have also reset network and general settings. I've plum run out of ideas... anyone?

################################################

installer 3.1 has a problem when you install tunewiki, you have to install tunewiki with an older version the intaller 3.01 will work, try it and I'm sure you will not have that problem any more.

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
################################################

installer 3.1 has a problem when you install tunewiki, you have to install tunewiki with an older version the intaller 3.01 will work, try it and I'm sure you will not have that problem any more.
Ya thats what i heard but how do i downgrade to installer 3.1?

pablodos

May 19, 2008
Ya thats what i heard but how do i downgrade to installer 3.1?
you have to jailbreak your phone and do not upgrade your installer 3.01 to 3.1, the istaller 3.1 has a lot of bugs and wouldn't let you install lots of apps.

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
thanks but screw that.......im not going through that much trouble thanks again though for the answer

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Uh guys.... did you read my issue? Or the fact that I resolved it?

It has nothing to do with that stuff. I used the latest installer to install it. It installed fine. My issue was with it not downloading lyrics due to a full disk.

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
ohhhhhhhhhhh thats probably mine too....every time i download something it says i have little disc space left...sorry wasn't paying attention

pablodos

May 19, 2008
Uh guys.... did you read my issue? Or the fact that I resolved it?

It has nothing to do with that stuff. I used the latest installer to install it. It installed fine. My issue was with it not downloading lyrics due to a full disk.

my issue was that tunewiki couldn't find any lyrics, and I just did that and it works istaller 3.1 has a bug when you istall tunewiki

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
no he just said it works fine? it doesn't sound like its because of the bug just the memory

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
my issue was that tunewiki couldn't find any lyrics, and I just did that and it works istaller 3.1 has a bug when you istall tunewiki
[shrug] My issue was resolved when I used Bosstools to move my applications folder. It was full.

I have no idea about your issue, but I'm glad it's resolved.