Turn by Turn coming via Telenav!

desibhar

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
Good find, this is just what I was looking for! ;)

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
The bad news is that Telenav is (up to this point anyway) a subscription model - meaning you'll be paying every year for it, not one time like a standalone GPS or TomTom's mobile offerings.

Then again, if you are the sort who pays to upgrade maps yearly, you might not care too much about this.

thedunn805

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
I was hoping this would happen with TomTom

thedunn805

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
I guess I'll buy a car charger when I pick up my iPhone. :D

By the way, do iPod and original iPhone chargers work on the new iPhone?
I'm pretty sure it will work

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I have a feeling TomTom or another competing GPS provider will come along with an App of their own.

iphone1027

Bronze
Jul 2, 2008
I believe it is in the making for Tom Tom as I read somewhere. But I cant find the article right now since Im posting from my phone.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Yay, so David Pogue was wrong after all about the antenna being "too small for turn-by-turn directions".

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
I believe it is in the making for Tom Tom as I read somewhere. But I cant find the article right now since Im posting from my phone.
I'm going to be a first-time iPhone owner. Hearing you say that you can't do something because you're posting from your phone doesn't sit well with me. Is this a short-coming of the iPhone? :confused:

With Windows Mobile, I could search and find reference documents either stored on the device's file system or on the web.

Staszek

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
I'm going to be a first-time iPhone owner. Hearing you say that you can't do something because you're posting from your phone doesn't sit well with me. Is this a short-coming of the iPhone? :confused:

With Windows Mobile, I could search and find reference documents either stored on the device's file system or on the web.

I think he was saying he doesn't have time, you can have several Safari windows (webpages) open at the same time. So he could open this post and search in another window if he wanted.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Did I not call it? Apple clearly neglected to include this feature so they could get even more money.

Talutha

Jul 17, 2007
Telenav is a subscription service for a good reason. The maps update every 30-60 days rather then once a year with the other guys and it includes the traffic navigation which is around $10 a month anyway. It is a very good service for the price.

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
Telenav is a subscription service for a good reason. The maps update every 30-60 days rather then once a year with the other guys and it includes the traffic navigation which is around $10 a month anyway. It is a very good service for the price.
Not true. I can say for certain we ship a new product update every quarter. So roughly every three months--not yearly.