Turn by turn directions in iOS 6 looks insane

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Here's a photo taken at today's Apple event showing maps in iOS 6. I'm not sure how good they be compared to Google Maps, but they look awesome. They are extremely clean and have zero clutter.

apple-wwdc-2012-_1105.jpg

Last edited:

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
if the Map is glitchfree I may stilll go for the beta ......let me know how reliable it is.
I just moved here hubby is taking the GPS I really need my phone to function if I get lost !
Why not use the Mapquest app? It's free and includes turn by turn voice prompts. May be better than using a beta iOS. Seeing you need your phone 100%. Just a thought.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I have actually Garmin on my phone
I was saying I will not go into the beta because last time my phone was glitchy at times.
The turn by turn look great. But I am new here I rather trust my memory to get around.
But lets ay I bet lot I need to figure out where I am or I break down ? Lat beta I had a bunch issues and slowed down my phone. Then some Apps did not work so no BETA this time around. Son wants it so

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I'm really hoping we will be able to fine tune it such as mode of transportation (car, walking, etc), options to avoid or forbid certain travel ways (tolls, ferry, etc). If that's not the case, I may have to continue using Navigon. The demo also didn't say which side of road the destination was on. I know it's still in development but I'm crossing my fingers they have more options and features in the Maps app.