Turn by turn directions in iOS 6 looks insane

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I'm really hoping we will be able to fine tune it such as mode of transportation (car, walking, etc), options to avoid or forbid certain travel ways (tolls, ferry, etc). If that's not the case, I may have to continue using Navigon. The demo also didn't say which side of road the destination was on. I know it's still in development but I'm crossing my fingers they have more options and features in the Maps app.
oh that would stink I need to know what side stuff is ....and now I have public transportation I may use in the future.
I was wondering what happens with the google map ? Is it gone or still there?

stewcp

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Bristol, UK
Siri and the new Maps are great... here in the UK I can finally use Siri and the location services... saying something like 'how do I get to London' instantly opens Maps and the navigation starts... fantastic!

TheJustPull

Bronze
Oct 12, 2011
Are you new to iPhone? They release a new model everyear. I can't wait

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
are you new to posting? No I'm not new to iPhone but as I said it hasn't been officially announced so anything else is speculation. Please correct me where I'm wrong with that statement.

phonejunkie30

Bronze
Jul 22, 2009
Grand Prairie Tx
are you new to posting? No I'm not new to iPhone but as I said it hasn't been officially announced so anything else is speculation. Please correct me where I'm wrong with that statement.
Watch the video of wwdc keynote

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
Yup waze even warned me about a policeman ahead lol I slowed down just a bit! I love it Amd it's got a voice it's so similar to Tom tom gps!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Conversely, knowledge is knowing an iPhone has not been announced for release this year. But wisdom should tell you that it does not matter as it is almost assuredly going to happen.

Michael

lwerle

Bronze
Feb 6, 2012
Waze is kind of girly and goofy but it's awesome as a GPS. It's very accurate and fast.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I keep trying waze to see what I am missing. But I always delete it soon after. Guess it is just not for me.

Michael

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
True. Every time it says, "Caution"... my wife and I go, "you're in a no spin zone".:ROFLMAO:
LOL.

I do wish you could set it to warn you with more granularity. Five mile-per-hour increments is rather crude. I would like to set it for, say, 6 MPH (who am I kidding--I mean 11 or 12 :D).

Michael

badge

Bronze
Feb 23, 2009
Bristol UK
will test maps on the Pioneer Appradio SPH-DA100 once car is back from garage.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
I keep trying waze to see what I am missing. But I always delete it soon after. Guess it is just not for me.

Michael
The beauty of Waze is its social and gaming aspects. Users not only get a free TBT GPS app, but also get "points" for driving, editing the map, and traffic alerts. All this contributes to a great, frequently updated map and accurate crowd sourced traffic data.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
I love Waze for traffic & incident updates but did get misdirected recently in an area of new construction. My car has an in-dash nav system. I just ordered the map update for that. I also have Mapquest & GPS Drive for sh**s & giggles.
YMMV