Turn by turn directions in iOS 6 looks insane

Dawg1234

Aug 31, 2012
Can't really get excited about this. Google maps & google nav are boss and wazes is fantastic with the social and real time aspect it brings.

Dawg1234

Aug 31, 2012
Dude, you don't really seem to like anything about the iPhone or iOS. Why are you here except to troll?
I like the retina display, the sound quality, the camera, the hardware (other than no sd card slot/removable battery, and the design of the phone. All of those things the iPhone is the best you can get in a phone. don't care so much for the OS tho.

To answer your question... I'm hear to browse the forums and occasionally share my thoughts.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I like the retina display, the sound quality, the camera, the hardware (other than no sd card slot/removable battery, and the design of the phone. All of those things the iPhone is the best you can get in a phone. don't care so much for the OS tho.

To answer your question... I'm hear to browse the forums and occasionally share my thoughts.
As I've mentioned, that activity borders on being unacceptable when it's continuously "Android > iOS".

Dawg1234

Aug 31, 2012
As I've mentioned, that activity borders on being unacceptable when it's continuously "Android > iOS".

Actually, no you haven't mentioned any reason prior to your last reply, but now that you have I have too ask... Where did I mention Android in that post? How can it even be borderline iOS < Android? Where are you getting this from? Also, in the message you sent me about "Inappropriate Behavior" and quoted the post I made about Apple maps where did I even mention Android? All I said in that post was that google maps and waze are sweet.

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
I love using Navigon but it will be a nice welcome to have a better iPhone map.

It's 10 times easier right now on 5.0 on maps to locate a location like a restaurant. For instance, on navigon if I go to POI and type in a search, it rarely shows up, and if it does it doesn't show on a map. Just in text.

The iPhone map will show you the location on a map and is much more functional.

I can't wait to not to have to use navigon or waze anymore

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
I've perused all your posts, and all of them either say how much better Android is than iOS, or what the iPhone or iOS in general is lacking. It's is a predominantly apple-fan forum. Your negativity will not turn anyone to the dark side here.
well what do you want him to do lie?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
well what do you want him to do lie?
Calling the Apple community ignorant and arrogant (not you, we all know you're not one of us) was ignorant in its self and set the tone for his place here. The majority of us are fan-boys/girls and we enjoy coming here to express our delight in all things Apple. Especially iPhone and iOS. Constant negativity is useless here and really not wanted. None of us really give a crap about Android and what it's better at. It's really common sense. I'm done with the subject. Trust me, if I could put you guys on 'ignore' I would.

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
Well back to maps... at first I didn't think it was anything great but now if find myself using it much more than my navigon app. It's addicting...
Tom

Reactions: Hondamaker

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
As much as I've touted waze, I'm growing tired of its poor routing. I'm hoping Maps in iOS 6 will do this better including rerouting based on traffic conditions...

SJU87

Bronze
Feb 14, 2010
MotionX GPS Drive has turn-by-turn for the iPhone now. It is inexpensive to buy and works fine as it is but you can get voice directions (essential in city driving and useful for waking you from road coma to avoid missing your exit) for $10 a year. I don't see the new announcement adding much to current capabilities. Graphics are nice but you really need to keep your eyes on the road. Simple graphics that quickly convey your route are probably better than all these bells and whistles.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I'm really looking forward to this feature on the iPhone 5.
Been using it on the iOS 6 beta. Very nice. It's accurate, classy and not cluttered or complicated like some nav apps. I only wish that the speaker was louder for voice nav. I have to plug the iPhone into my car audio so I can really hear the commands if the stereo is on. Other than that, I love it.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Been using it on the iOS 6 beta. Very nice. It's accurate, classy and not cluttered or complicated like some nav apps. I only wish that the speaker was louder for voice nav. I have to plug the iPhone into my car audio so I can really hear the commands if the stereo is on. Other than that, I love it.
Just out of curiosity, how is the Siri integration with Maps? I'm assuming it may be a bit buggy in beta, but I'm hoping this will be a great feature in Maps.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Just out of curiosity, how is the Siri integration with Maps? I'm assuming it may be a bit buggy in beta, but I'm hoping this will be a great feature in Maps.
Really good. I say to Siri, 'take me to 555 south Main Street, Dayton Ohio' and she finds it and up pops the nav and the directions. Her voice is the turn-by-turn.
Or, have Siri find a businesss and have her take you there.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
This is the biggest reason I'm switching from waze. Siri integration is killer. And with iOS users collecting traffic data, traffic information will be very current.