Turn by turn directions in iOS 6 looks insane

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
i always though that was why you by Apple products, was because they don't release sub-par apps? so if your trying to say that Apple maps is better than google maps. i have to say you could have never been soo wrong. google maps blows away Apple maps. and that's a fact not my opinion. if you disagree please provide proof or links i would love to see them.
Reading comprehension owns you.:rolleyes:

I never said it is better than Google Maps in it's current version. I agree with you that Google Maps is better than Apples Maps app right now. Although, I feel that Maps has a lot of potential to be better than Google Maps. How long did Google Maps take to get where it is now? Google Maps wasn't even close to Apples Maps app when it was first launched. Why do you troll this forum? It's obvious you're a closed minded Android fanboy. You don't see me on everythingAndroid trying to defend the iPhone whenever something is mentioned about it. Do you really come here to read and expand your knowledge about the iPhone as well as share your experiences with an Apple device or are you just here to stir the pot? It would seem the latter.

tybirdtybird

Contributor
Bronze
May 6, 2010
Westfield, In
Some said here it doesn't work when you go throw Bluetooth on your car radio. I was wrong it don't work. If you are use iPod it does work. Today I had iPod playing and my Iradar app going turn by turn works with both.

Here is one thing you might try use app like iheart radio or something like that. I bet it work fine until they get the bug work out

tybirdtybird

Contributor
Bronze
May 6, 2010
Westfield, In
I think Apple released Siri and Maps before they were fully "ready" because both of these features require crowdsourcing data to be fully developed. With millions of users contributing, they improve considerably. Just look at Siri's recognition of accents now compare to when it was introduced.
When I got my 4s Siri took for every to do anything she lot better now. I guess Apple upgraded there server for Siri . She was alway saying network was busy .

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
The fact of the matter is stock maps now has voice navigation (which Google would not allow when Apple was using their maps), which will improve in accuracy in features. Additionally, one can still use google maps via the webapp, which works great.

I don't see why everyone is freaking out.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
Reading comprehension owns you.:rolleyes:

I never said it is better than Google Maps in it's current version. I agree with you that Google Maps is better than Apples Maps app right now. Although, I feel that Maps has a lot of potential to be better than Google Maps. How long did Google Maps take to get where it is now? Google Maps wasn't even close to Apples Maps app when it was first launched. Why do you troll this forum? It's obvious you're a closed minded Android fanboy. You don't see me on everythingAndroid trying to defend the iPhone whenever something is mentioned about it. Do you really come here to read and expand your knowledge about the iPhone as well as share your experiences with an Apple device or are you just here to stir the pot? It would seem the latter.
i'm just sharing my opinion on how i see things. i have an Android device as well as an Apple device. so i come from a place were i can see both worlds. as to not be bias like you. i only state the facts like i see them.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
i'm just sharing my opinion on how i see things. i have an Android device as well as an Apple device. so i come from a place were i can see both worlds. as to not be bias like you. i only state the facts like i see them.
So....are you sharing your opinion or stating facts. :confused:

Btw I have a Skyrocket and a Nexus 7. I too have experience with both platforms and have the right give my comparison on both.

It seems you get all butt hurt when someone doesn't agree with your opinions.

Nov 4, 2010
Well I finally used Maps today and I loved it. It works as well as my Tom Tom GPS unit, but Siri's integration was awesome, and steps everything up quite a bit.

I'm not sure why people are getting all hysterical about this app. Apple doesn't have the reputation for releasing apps in a perfected form. Apple has a reputation for innovative thinking, and for constantly refining their products.

I have no doubt that this app will push Google Maps out of the general awareness of most iPhone users, once it has seen a few updates.

Just my opinion...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
The one thing I would like to see that hasn't been mentioned yet is the ability to locally cache maps by state, region, or whatever. It would help lower data usage, improving battery life, lowering phone bills, and improving use with little or no data signal.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Yeah caching maps would be a great idea, you can do it on Android devices... it'll probably be released in iOS 7.

tybirdtybird

Contributor
Bronze
May 6, 2010
Westfield, In
The one thing I would like to see that hasn't been mentioned yet is the ability to locally cache maps by state, region, or whatever. It would help lower data usage, improving battery life, lowering phone bills, and improving use with little or no data signal.
I think AT&T navigation or what ever they call it does that.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
It does do well, however, with no net connection. I lost coverage completly on a rather long drive and Maps kept right on navigating.

So it does cache the route and at least GPS coordinates of the turns.

Michael

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I would bet, given that the graphics are vectorized, that your entire route is cached upon creation. I'd have to test this to see for sure though.