Turn data off?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

phon i

Jul 5, 2007
So traveling internationally a lot here. ATT wants $.02 a kilo. With all the spam i get about 100 emails a day, that's some serious cash money? Any ideas. I know you cant filter as of yet.

The other thing is that i believe the iPhone pulls data in addition to email for things like weather, stocks...etc. Anyway to turn off? Anyone?

Oh yeah...for the total hose job....they say you need to keep your international world traveler service at $6 a month on for 90 days after your last call, to make sure when the calls post to the account the service is still active. They get you coming and going!

I wish T-Mobile had launched this phone! A customer service person on the phone within a minute(was on hold for 75 minutes with ATT)...unlimited data internationally $20....clean calls....killer reception...no lines or wait in stores! :mad:

I'm wondering if you keep it on "airplane mode", it will turn the data off.

(this is just an uneducated guess, but it's based on an experience I just had at church. I was practicing singing and I kept getting interferance and sort of like feedback from the microphone system. I turned the iPhone to airplane mode and it stopped)

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
You can use airplane mode, but then you won't get any calls or messages or anything. If you don't want to pay for any data, then don't use it and make sure you change a couple settings:

-don't open safari, e-mail, weather, stocks or google maps
-put check e-mail settings on manual and don't check

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
You can turn your e-mail accounts off, and just avoid going onto the web unless connected to WiFi.

chunter001

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I'm guessing you might not be able to shut it down without going to airplane mode. The phone requires data just to function (ie. visual voicemail)