Turn things on with the iPhone 3G

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
I've only heard about it, but is there some glitch, or some app out there that turns other electronics on?

I remember seeing a video of this guy turning on his iPhone and it popped a few kernels of popcorn. I also saw a youtube video of someone doing the same thing with the phone next to an alarm clock, and the clock turned its radio on.

Strange? or Legit apps?

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Unless the appliance you are turning on has a wifi / bluetooth / radio receiver this is highly unlikely. In a VERY rare circumstance when turning on the iPhone the "surge" of power may generate enough EMC to flick on a very low powered object, but nothing big. I would also guess that the iPhone would have to be within 1/2 a foor of the appliance too.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Oh i see.

Thanks, i guess i was just being concerned about how much "power" or whatever the device is giving off as soon as u "slide"

stevenshizzle

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
As I understand it, the iPhone generates enough power at slide to interrupt air traffic control radars, causing seconds of hysteria. From here, police and techno wizards would be summer to discern the identity of the perpetrator and technology behind the wrong do.

Do not turn on your device unless absolute grave circumstances require you to do so.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
yeah, i know when sliding there is a surge of power, but there is definitely not enough to say crash an airplane, or cause mayhem inside a control tower.

stevenshizzle

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
On the contrary. This device is capable of levels of power emission and destruction that you could not begin to imagine. If someone learns of how to tap its power, we all better pray that someone can stop them. If not, we're all in exceptionally grave danger.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah, when i turn my phone on it zaps baby seals in Alaska.

it's my favorite feature.

Jeffois

Bronze
Jun 5, 2008
Be careful about using your phone near a blender...