and i have seen various people asking for a link for a tutorial like this

so i have gone and made my own.

well, here we go.

i have a PC. this is a PC tutorial.

BEFORE WE GET STARTED:

What you will need:

-A 1.1.1/1.1.2 unlocked iPhone with BootLoader 3.9
-A great deal of patience
- the 1.1.2 image - http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...1107.5Bghn/iPhone1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore.ipsw
- the 1.1.2 jailbreak -
http://conceitedsoftware.com/iPhone/1.1.2-jailbreak.zip
- Nate True's 1.1.3 jailbreak http://devices.natetrue.com/iPhone/ibrickr-jb113.zip here
- A Wi-Fi Connection.
- "Can-Do" Attitude.

THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH ANY iPhone WITH BOOTLOADER 4.6! IF YOUR PHONE CAME WITH 1.1.2 Out of The Box, THIS TUTORIAL IS NOT FOR YOU.

Ok, if you are on 1.1.2 unlocked, begin where it says "1.1.2! HERE!"

This tutorial will assume that you are at 1.1.1 at the original state, unjailbroken, and locked to AT&T.

Make sure you have a SIM-card with PIN turned off, and power on your phone (the supplied AT&T card works fine).

On the activation screen, slide for emergency and dial: *#301# to make the phone call itself. (If the incoming call dialog quickly disappears but it keeps ringing, just dial 0 (remove *#301# first), and it will call itself)

Answer
the call, and tap on Hold

Phone will call it self again, tap Decline. You will now be returned to the normal dialer.

Tap on contacts, and tap the + icon to add a new. The only info you are going to add to this contact are two URL's. To add a URL, tap Add new URL. The first URL is prefs followed by a colon: prefs: and the second is jailbreakme.com. Tap Save.

Your contact now has two "web pages" - tap on the first one (prefs: ) This will take you to the settings dialog. The reason you want this, is because you need to connect to a Wi-Fi network, so tap on Wi-Fi, and get connected to a network, and make sure the icon on top of the screen is indicating that you are connected. While you are in the settings dialog, you should also set: General → Auto-Lock → Never.
Now, press the home button, and again, slide for emergency dial 0, Answer the call, Hold and Decline the new call so that you get to the contacts. Tap on your contact (No Name), and this time tap on the other home page, jailbreakme.com will launch and show you a webpage. Tap on Install AppSnap

Safari will return to activation screen and after a few seconds the phone should restart.

When the phone restarts, you should have a jailbroken 1.1.1.

press Installer

tap sources,

press Edit - Add

add the source i.unlock.nolet installer refresh the sources,

after which, go to the install tab,

hit the category unlocking tools

download and install anySIM 1.1

Launch anySIM with your SIM

let it unlock, and you have an unlocked 1.1.1.

Next, we are going to try and upgrade to 1.1.2.

Again, hit Installer, and press install, and tweaks (1.1.1)

install OktoPrep,

then, after it is done, you should be able to upgrade to 1.1.2 without a problem.

How do you do that?

Open iTunes, connect iPhone.

Press Shift+Update, and select the file that you downloaded (look at earlier part of post)

it will upgrade to 1.1.2,

then when it is done, it should have 1.1.2.

you will have the activation screen, but do not panic. all is well.

run windows.bat from the 1.1.2 jailbreak you downloaded.

eventually, it will finish, and then reboot your iPhone, and as soon as it boots, it will restart again.

your phone will boot, and then run installer,

edit sources, add modmyifone.com/installer.xml to your sources

after that, go to all packages, and download and install anySIM 1.2.1u

VERY VERY IMPORTANT! BEFORE RUNNING ANYSIM 1.2.1u MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE ENABLED AIRPLANE MODE. OTHERWISE YOUR BASEBAND WILL BE MESSED UP AND YOU WILL HAVE TO RESTART.

you will be unlocked with 1.1.2.

(1.1.2 HERE!)

OK, so you have 1.1.2 and you are unlocked?

open the Zip file, extract it all to a folder, and run ibrickr.exe

follow the steps, make sure you select download from Apple.

afterwards, run installer, and select from all packages - 1.1.3 soft upgrade.

THE INSTALL WILL FREEZE AT ONE POINT!
THIS IS NORMAL!

if the phone does not reboot after 30 minutes, do a manual reboot.

it will reboot almost immediately after you press the buttons.

Once it boots, you will have 1.1.3, and it will still be unlocked..

have a great day.

i used excerpts from Nate True's Tutorial and iPhone.unlock.no's tutorial.

-Sam

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
Ok, people.

i have finally finished it,

and i have edited it slightly, because of some errors,

so yeah.

go for it. if you have any questions, ask I'll only be glad to help.

Cruzer

Jan 31, 2008
Dirty Jersey
How To Upgrade From 1.1.1 Unlocked iPhone To 1.1.3 iPhone The New Firmware? Please Let Me Know And Also How To Remove 3rd Party Application Incase I Have To Remove It So I Could Bring It For Some Repair In The Apple Store So I Could Use The Warranty? Give Me Details Guys..

Thank You

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
ok, first off, it is incredibly easy to upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 - just use this tutorial.

as for the application uninstallation,

you can always restore,

but then you have to activate your iPhone (you can use a pay-as-you-go thing)

have fun

Cruzer

Jan 31, 2008
Dirty Jersey
ok, first off, it is incredibly easy to upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 - just use this tutorial.

as for the application uninstallation,

you can always restore,

but then you have to activate your iPhone (you can use a pay-as-you-go thing)

have fun
pay as you please explain? Tell more details on what to do to remove it, should restore remove all of the third application?

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
If you live in the states, and you are unlocked, and your phone messes up or something, you can restore to 1.1.1, and then activate it normally, and choose the AT&T pay as you go prepaid plan, and then go to Apple with it.

But you must restore after jailbreaking, otherwise you will be denied service.

n33d45p33d

Jun 21, 2007
i followed everything and so far so good...but in installer under all packages i do not see 1.1.3 soft upgrade....what i see is official 1.1.3 update...do i use that one and will the unlock still work or where can i get the 1.1.3 soft upgrade one

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
unfortunately Ste packaging took off Nates method,

so until I find a way to put it back up into installer, this guide is obsolete.

use the Official 1.1.3 Upgrader - its the Dev Team method.

n33d45p33d

Jun 21, 2007
but using the official 1.1.3 updater...i still get to keep my phone unlocked right and it is jailbroken right?

n33d45p33d

Jun 21, 2007
ok i did it and it works perfectly fine with the unlock and everything thank you very much.

Midnite

Nov 26, 2007
Toronto, ON
jailbreak 112 problem

Hey I was wondering if you can help me. I upgraded from 111 to 112 and tried using the jailbreak 112. I clicked on the window.bat and this error occurs.

It would say error tmp28430.exe

Have you ever had this problem?

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
i can't say I have, sorry.

here is what you can do.

download idemocracy,

extract thefiles,

find jailbreak 1.1.2 folder

use jailbreak.jar

all should be well.

Ion22

Oct 26, 2007
I got done it all and ran the app to make it 1.1.3 and it now says it's in recover mode? On the iPhone it shows the adapter with an arrow pointing to the iTunes logo! Please help me

sanket2187

Oct 26, 2007
k i have problem here , i did the ibrickr part n thn went to installer n tried to fine soft upgrade for 1.1.3, n couldnt find so i read here to go ahead n download the dev's official upgrade patch. i did n now its askin me this question

"path lockdownd"
"would you like to use hacktivation (not tecommended if you can activate via iTunes)?"

"yes or no"

wht should i do ?

also i press "yes" or "no" i get to this pop up which says
"restore device"
"would you like to restore your device(recommended)? all content, settings and music will be deleted.
"yes or no"

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
ATTENTION : THIS GUIDE NO LONGER WORKS.

chris. do me a favour and lock this thread, and I'll change the first post to say that it no longer works.

sanket2187

Oct 26, 2007
ATTENTION : THIS GUIDE NO LONGER WORKS.

chris. do me a favour and lock this thread, and I'll change the first post to say that it no longer works.
is there n e way i can upgrade to 1.1.3. ?

please man if u no please pm me link or n e thing, thx

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
yes.

here is what you do.

basically, if you follow my guide up until the ibrickr part, and when it is to load the files onto the phone,

you will be able to have an unlocked 1.12.

afterwards, simply use the Dev Teams method, (official 1.13 upgrader) and let it do its thing, while it is on wifi.

when the iPhone reboots,

it will be at JB 1.13 with 1.12 baseband, so the phone will still be unlocked.

afterwards, if you want, you can add iClarified's source, update to 1.13 baseband, and unlock with anySIM, so your baseband will be at 1.13 level, but as with 1.12, you MUST turn on AIRPLANE MODE.

hope this helps.

-Sam