TV app—why won’t it list the shows I can watch with my installed TV apps?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Rafagon, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

When I launch the TV app and tap the “Watch Now” tab, it just gives me the “Get Video Apps” screen:

IMG_4112.PNG

I was under the impression that I could watch TV shows using apps I’ve installed right from the TV app. I mean, it says it right there: “Everything you watch, all in one place.”

I’ve also signed into my TV provider (DIRECTV) under Settings.

However, I’ve already installed two different TV apps and the only way to watch any shows provided by those apps is to quit the TV app and launch the individual TV app separately (for example, the ABC app). Then I can find the show I want and watch it there.

Incidentally, I did tap on “Need More Help?” but that was futile.

Is there something I’m doing wrong? Should I not be able to watch the TV shows right there in the TV app?

#1 Rafagon, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  2. Terry M.

Terry M. Contributor
    Silver

I just tried too and mine is working the same way. I assume you can only watch show via their individual apps and the "tv app" is only a vessel to get you to the apps. Seems a little silly cause what you're explaining sounds much better.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. snowtrooper1966

Gold

And it's only a few select sources, at the moment, not all inclusive of what you actually watch.
    A bit disappointing in its current version...

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Thanks for the replies, gentlemen.

I thought I was doing something wrong—but I guess I wasn’t. The app is an abject failure in its current state, in my humble opinion.