TV Guide Application

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
So being that i hate commercials with a passion i am always flipping channels, until i bought my iPhone. Now i pretty much just surf the web and post on the boards here at EIP.

I have been searching for an app made for the iPhone that is a tv guide. Or atleast a good website for tv guide listings.

Any ideas?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Well there is tvguide.com.

But I use Orb--seems very fast and if I see something I like I can even start recording it (on my MCE PC).

--
Mike

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I don't like the tvguide website but I appreciate it. What is orb?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
It's a an app that runs on your PC to feed connected devices video and audio. Doesn't work 100% with the iPhone, but the TV listings part does work fine.

www.orb.com for more info.

And I feel the same about tvguide.com, and there may indeed be something out there that is better.

--
Mike

SheepNutz

Jul 22, 2007
tv.yahoo.com and www.zap2it.com both have good TV listings. I like the interface of yahoo's better, and it works better on the iPhone, but the search absolutely sucks. You can't really search for an upcoming episode within the next two weeks, like you used to be able to do there. The search on zap2it.com works great on firefox, so I use it at home, but it doesn't work on the iPhone, as flash is involved. So it's yahoo's on the iPhone (with no search) and zap2it.com on my desktop (with search).

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Yeah zap2it.com is what i have bookmarked on my phone right now. I tried yahoo before but for some reason it didn't work very well. Ill have to try it out the next time i am looking for something to watch.

brinky

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
Yeah zap2it.com is what i have bookmarked on my phone right now. I tried yahoo before but for some reason it didn't work very well. Ill have to try it out the next time i am looking for something to watch.
yahoo is very slow over edge, at least for me. I haven't tired zap2it, but will give that a try tonight.

Martlet

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
I haven't compared, so I don't know which is best, but while you're trying the others, titantv.com is yet another place that does guide data.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
The tv guide website has a new mobile portal which I think is the best for tv listings so far.

You can find it here: http://wireless.tvguide.com/

The cool feature is that you can save your favorite channels so you don't have to browse through 300 channels every time you wanna see what's on tv