TV OUT Capabilities

B

BugmenotAccount

What are the capabilities of the iPhone TV OUT?

If I buy the composite Apple cable (TV OUT) for the iPhone can I watch Safari on my TV, look at my calendar on the TV, and watch Youtube on my regular TV? Or is it just for movies and mp3?

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
What are the capabilities of the iPhone TV OUT?

If I buy the composite Apple cable (TV OUT) for the iPhone can I watch Safari on my TV, look at my calendar on the TV, and watch Youtube on my regular TV? Or is it just for movies and mp3?
I just bought the component AV cable; it seems to only work for iPod functions. That said, the quality on my HDTV with the component cables is excellent with good-quality source material.

OGrizzle

Jul 17, 2007
You can also watch Youtube and videos that are played through Safari's quicktime plugin.

Aug 2, 2007
BTW, you can also display all your photos via the interface on your TV.

B

BugmenotAccount

Anybody tried this with Google Video?

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Give me NES TV OUT plx

kthxbai

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Very interesting device.

At 179 thats a pretty steep experiment to find out if it works with the iPhone
:p
Luckily for you, I am running the experiment for the $50 I mentioned in my post. Even if it doesn't work, I can still sell it and make a profit.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
No it won't. The video out function only works through the bottom connector on the iPhone. The video iPod connects through the headphone jack, and you can see in the link that's the connector that the system comes with. Plus, it looks like the iPod just fits in there. The iPhone is larger.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
No it won't. The video out function only works through the bottom connector on the iPhone. The video iPod connects through the headphone jack, and you can see in the link that's the connector that the system comes with. Plus, it looks like the iPod just fits in there. The iPhone is larger.
that sux. It looks pretty cool...perfect for trips.. o well

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Bummer....:sick:

howardde

Oct 3, 2007
Cover Flow video out?

I bought the compositve video cables and hooked the iPhone up to my TV. While the music played fine through the tv, the whole reason I bought the cables was so I could have the album covers (cover flow) show up on the TV screen while the music played; however, nothing shows up...just the music and a black screen on my TV.

Does anyone know if coverflow or even just the basic iPod screen is supposed to show up on the TV while using the video out function? Maybe it only works with the component video cables?

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
So how does the ipod fit in the thing if it's got a cable sticking out? It clearly plugs into the bottom of the ipod just like the iPhone.

You are wrong. The cable that works wirh the iPhone had been around for a long tine. People were wondering if it would eoek... dammi spelling feature... work with the iPhone as well as the opid ... dammi i spelled that riight! ut was originally made for the opod. And it vonnegys ........AAASAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Stop misspelling my words! Stipid iPhone! it plugs into the bottom connectit... Sigh... connector.

drac

Sep 17, 2007
the v55 is a no go.. i just hooked the iPhone up to one and the phone displays an error... it does use the connection on the bottom on the phone.. just like the ipod... i doubt it would work with the touch as well since the software is virtually the same

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
the v55 is a no go.. i just hooked the iPhone up to one and the phone displays an error... it does use the connection on the bottom on the phone.. just like the ipod... i doubt it would work with the touch as well since the software is virtually the same
Darn. Thanks for the info. I'll still try it, but it looks like I'll just be ebaying it. Oh well, at least I only spent $50 on it.

drac

Sep 17, 2007
Darn. Thanks for the info. I'll still try it, but it looks like I'll just be ebaying it. Oh well, at least I only spent $50 on it.
if you have ipod video the v55 is awesome... keep it if so