TV-out

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
I don't know how this is possible.. I thought the iPhone had been opened and checked and There was not hardware in the iPhone for it to be TV-out compatible? I don't know who to trust... is TV-out only Europe only? or is it for the states as well? anyone got any info on this? I WOULD LOVE TV-OUT FOR iPhone... !@!11!23 TV OUT WOOOOOOOO. I read several threads and each state different things like its Europe only and stuff...so ya..

tzhourdeka

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I think the TV output will be in the next update, which will be on Tuesday. It will work on the US ones. It said NTSC on the iPhone, which is our TV's.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I think the TV output will be in the next update, which will be on Tuesday. It will work on the US ones. It said NTSC on the iPhone, which is our TV's.
Hey! Where did this Tuesday date come from? Or do you mean some Tuesday in the future vs this coming tuesday?

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
I don't know how this is possible.. I thought the iPhone had been opened and checked and There was not hardware in the iPhone for it to be TV-out compatible? I don't know who to trust... is TV-out only Europe only? or is it for the states as well? anyone got any info on this? I WOULD LOVE TV-OUT FOR iPhone... !@!11!23 TV OUT WOOOOOOOO. I read several threads and each state different things like its Europe only and stuff...so ya..

LOL! Do u want me to begin pulling up your posts about how there is "absolutely no way iPhone supports video out"? I hate to say it but your made yourself look like a major idiot.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Hey! Where did this Tuesday date come from? Or do you mean some Tuesday in the future vs this coming tuesday?
Apple regularly releases their updates on Tuesdays and same case for iPhone. Many though this last Tuesday was it, but now everyone thinks it's this coming Tuesday. I say it'll come when it comes:cool:....no use predicting as it doesn't change anything.

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
Apple regularly releases their updates on Tuesdays and same case for iPhone. Many though this last Tuesday was it, but now everyone thinks it's this coming Tuesday. I say it'll come when it comes:cool:....no use predicting as it doesn't change anything.
It might even be the Tuesday after that...or the Tuesday after that.
All we know is that it will most likely be on a Tuesday...or a Wednesday...maybe a Thursday...possibly a Friday...but, most likely a Monday.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
LOL! Do u want me to begin pulling up your posts about how there is "absolutely no way iPhone supports video out"? I hate to say it but your made yourself look like a major idiot.
you moron, there really is no hardware in iPhone that supports video out, as far as opening it up and looking for it goes. current speculation is that the av out will utilize the dock of the iPhone, which has the line out option. when i said..i said the iPhone cant support av out, but never said it cant with the help of other items..so shut up.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Although I'm quite sure we'll get TV Out in the next update... Imagine what it would be like if we didn't.

"I can't believe Apple ripped us again, yo!"
"I know! How come the UK gets it?"
"I'm never buying an Apple product again."
"Just goes to show that Apple likes to screw people!"

Same as it was on the 5th. Really, I've had quite enough of that whining.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I really hope that Apple releases an AV-Out cable that doesn't require my Dock. My Zen has the same problem, and I had to track down some cheap looking 3rd party cable that has the Dock's male port on it so I could leave my Dock where it belongs, next to my desktop.

I'm not gonna be so lucky this time around since it's pretty safe to say we'll need AA compliant accessories to interface with the phone... Which sucks, because all I want to carry with me on trips is my phone, the wall charger, some headphones, and an AV cable (TV in Greece sucks).

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
I really hope that Apple releases an AV-Out cable that doesn't require my Dock. My Zen has the same problem, and I had to track down some cheap looking 3rd party cable that has the Dock's male port on it so I could leave my Dock where it belongs, next to my desktop.

I'm not gonna be so lucky this time around since it's pretty safe to say we'll need AA compliant accessories to interface with the phone... Which sucks, because all I want to carry with me on trips is my phone, the wall charger, some headphones, and an AV cable (TV in Greece sucks).
ya, have my fingers crossed for that as well, lets hope for the best :)