TV shows not syncing

Sep 7, 2008
I have converted some avi file to mpg4 files and they appear in the movie area of iTunes fine (they play OK). However when my iPhone syncs with the Mac the video files don't appear. Instead I get a message saying I have no rented movie files.

Does anyone know how to get them onto the iPhone to play?

I tried putting them into the TV shows area, but iTunes wouldn't let me.

By the way, I am based in the UK, so not sure if that makes a difference to how it will behave.

Thanks

Sep 14, 2008
If you use the latest iTunes (v8) you can (finally) batch tag the video files which is great for TV shows. To put them in the TV shows folder you will need to change their tags to show them as TV shows (highlight them all > right click > get info) from there you can tag them and change their media type.

From what I am aware in order to sync them you also need to tag the show name and possibly episode name. don't quote me on that, I have tagged all mine so have never tried syncing them without tagging them.

Sep 7, 2008
If you use the latest iTunes (v8) you can (finally) batch tag the video files which is great for TV shows. To put them in the TV shows folder you will need to change their tags to show them as TV shows (highlight them all > right click > get info) from there you can tag them and change their media type.

From what I am aware in order to sync them you also need to tag the show name and possibly episode name. don't quote me on that, I have tagged all mine so have never tried syncing them without tagging them.
Worked perfectly! Thanks