TV signal

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
does anyone know what the tv signal option does? If u can watch tv on here I would like to know how!
Are you talking about the iPhone, tv signal out?

That is for watching the content of your iPhone movies, photo etc on a TV. That requires a special $49 cable with a microChip embedded in the cable which allows you to see it on TV. Unfortunately, only Apple has that cable with the chip.

davis5050

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
Are you talking about the iPhone, tv signal out?

That is for watching the content of your iPhone movies, photo etc on a TV. That requires a special $49 cable with a microChip embedded in the cable which allows you to see it on TV. Unfortunately, only Apple has that cable with the chip.
it is in the settings menu under iPod.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I have em. Where's the chip? I never knew about that.
The chip is for Authentication for the output. I am sure other vendors will have a cheaper as soon as they buy one and disect the Apple one and discover what the chip is, thus maybe the vendors will sell them for $20.

I know if I buy one now then the next day a cheaper ones out.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
The chip is for Authentication for the output. I am sure other vendors will have a cheaper as soon as they buy one and disect the Apple one and discover what the chip is, thus maybe the vendors will sell them for $20.

I know if I buy one now then the next day a cheaper ones out.
I know what you mean, Nick. If I buy after they sell for 20, then they'll come free in boxes of cereal!

amiroo79

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Southern California
Does anyone know if there is a demo of the tv out feature of the iPhone? I'm trying to figure out how decent it would look on my hi def TV. I have a Wii and the internet surfing does not look good on my TV. YouTube looks bad on it as well. I would imagine the iPhone would look just as bad as most of my movies on it are ~700Mb, 2 hour movies that were originally in .Avi format and converted to quicktime format so I can see them on my iPhone.

Let me know if you know of any sites that show this feature, how well it works, etc...