TVout: Run (almost) Any iPhone/iPod touch App on your TV!

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
View my video here:
The video description:
youtube said:
This video shows a basic demonstration of how to run almost any iPhone/iPod Touch app on your television through an A/V out cable that goes through the dock connector.

This app was NOT made by me. You can get the app in Cydia.

Not all apps are working (at the moment). 3D apps, like Midnight Bowling and Rolando don't work properly.

Visit http://drumsplace.co.cc for more info.

Oh, the video is showing Tap Tap Revolution on the TV.
The cool thing is that it works. There are going to be updates in the future to allow everything to be viewed on the TV, possibly in a dual-screen solution, or an extended display like it is now.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Very cool!

Although its actual usefulness would be kinda limited until they got a dual-display thing going on, wouldn't it?

piyf420

Bronze
Jun 19, 2008
Seems cool but I got an Xbox360 that works and looks much better.

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
Why wouldn't you?

I want it so you can see what is on both screens so you can control things easier. Right now, it only shows the app either on the iPhones screen or on the TV.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Why wouldn't you?

I want it so you can see what is on both screens so you can control things easier. Right now, it only shows the app either on the iPhones screen or on the TV.
See, I didn't know exactly what 'dual screens' meant. That's why I asked.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Probably not enough graphics horsepower in the iPhone to drive both displays. Shame... maybe in the next one...

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
The TVout app is still in early beta stages. The developer said he's going to make it show the same thing on both screens and that he's going to make it compatible with every app.