Tweak to have unlimited SMS Inbox storage

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
EDIT: Works again with 1.0 update!

Tired of the SMS inbox almost full warning? Here's how to get rid of it.

1. Go to Installer, push Sources, then Edit, then Add.
2. Type in http://iPhone.totalmatrix.net, then Done, then Refresh.
3. Go to Tweaks (1.1.1) and install "Remove 1000 SMS Limit"
4. Restart your phone, and enjoy unlimited storage!

Special thanks to piranha for showing me how to do this!

How this app works: All messages past 700 will automatically be archived in a separate folder for you. This will keep your SMS inbox screen free from slowing down because of too much data. To be able to view all of your old messages, you must install SMSD. All your messages will be viewable in SMSD, but only your most recent 700 will be available in the native SMS app from Apple.

Sep 29, 2007
I thought this would make it so it wouldn't be full ever but after one day its full again and yes I do have it installed. Did I do something wrong I have everyhing installed, restatted my phone, but yet I keep having to deleat messages.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I thought this would make it so it wouldn't be full ever but after one day its full again and yes I do have it installed. Did I do something wrong I have everyhing installed, restatted my phone, but yet I keep having to deleat messages.
Thanks for letting me know. This program is very new and could possibly not work. I will let the developer know.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I am restoring right now and I am going to try to see if it works after. I will let you know but I am having problems downgrading like normal.
Are you on 1.1.2? The developer only tested it on 1.1.1. He said it should still work on 1.1.2, but he said he couldn't guarantee it.

Do me a favor and if you have SMSD installed, look in there and see if you have any messages showing up in your Inbox or Outbox. On my phone, they are both empty even though I have plenty of texts in my original SMS app. I haven't gotten the "almost full" message yet but if you also have an empty Inbox/Outbox, maybe we have the same problem and I'll get the almost full message soon.

Sep 29, 2007
Are you on 1.1.2? The developer only tested it on 1.1.1. He said it should still work on 1.1.2, but he said he couldn't guarantee it.

Do me a favor and if you have SMSD installed, look in there and see if you have any messages showing up in your Inbox or Outbox. On my phone, they are both empty even though I have plenty of texts in my original SMS app. I haven't gotten the "almost full" message yet but if you also have an empty Inbox/Outbox, maybe we have the same problem and I'll get the almost full message soon.
I was just about to say that. I have no messages in my SMSD inbox and outbox BUT I do have all my messages in weTool. The thing was it was showing the messages earlier this morning but when it stopped and I had to start using weTool, then a few hours later when I get some more messages it said it was full. I am trying to restore it right now but still having problems and if you have time, please look at my thread in iPhone software.

I think i might be doing something wrong to the firmware because I keep getting error (1). I get my 1.1.1 firmware in a zip file and I convert it to .ipsw but I then thought I should change it to iPhone1,1_1_Restore.ipsw and its still not working.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
have it on installer but says not to install yet. what up with this thing?
Here's what the author PMed me just recently:

Ok, I see what's happening now.

The main command of the script is not getting executed, thereforee no changes actually are done to your system.

If you have terminal on iPhone (or if you can SSH to iPhone), execute this manually to get it enabled:
/bin/cat /var/root/smsON.sql | /bin/sqlite3a /var/root/Library/SMS/sms.db

Above is one line and capitalization matters.

In the meantime I'll try to find why it's not running via installer on your system.

To reply to posts on that forum (he's referring to this forum): no changes to their system has beed done apart from the change of SMSD executable (which can be easily reversed by reinstalling SMSD).

I'll keep you updated tomorrow.