• TweetDeck

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Other and why

Votes: 4 5.7%

• Total voters

ant7701

Bronze
Mar 5, 2009
OK Tweeters.....i wanna know which twitter app u guys/gals are using and your opinions on them. So vote away and lemme know

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I have Twitterific and Twitterfon on my iPhone but rarely if ever use them. I don't really get much into the whole twitter phenomenon.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I've used several, and Tweetie is my favorite. Very simple, yet it has lots of features such as viewing trends, viewing user profiles, tweets mentioning other people, adding multiple accounts, etc. It's the best I've come across.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Twitterrific

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
Tweetdeck is the ****...some bugs that they have to work out...twitterfon also...don't want to pay for one...any other good free ones?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I'm a fan of Tweetie.
I like this one also. If lacks a few features, but works best for me of the ones I have tried.
Seems as though there isn't one that has all the features I would like to have. The search continues.:p

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
^^ You beat me to it.

I love Twittelator Pro. It has the most features & takes advantage of the video capability of the new 3G by allowing the user to tweet videos. When somebody tweets a photo, it displays as a thumbnail instead of a link as well. It has the best UI IMO.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
^^ You beat me to it.

I love Twittelator Pro. It has the most features & takes advantage of the video capability of the new 3G by allowing the user to tweet videos. When somebody tweets a photo, it displays as a thumbnail instead of a link as well. It has the best UI IMO.

Thanks a lot. Now I guess I'll shell out $5 and give it a shot.:p
Does it shorten URL's? I have had a hard time finding an app that will do that.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Thanks a lot. Now I guess I'll shell out $5 and give it a shot.:p
Does it shorten URL's? I have had a hard time finding an app that will do that.
Yes it does. When composing your tweet, you can use the "---><---" symbol located at the bottom left hand corner of message window to shorten URL's.

just a tip... shorten the URL first before composing the rest of your tweet or the shortening option will shorten your whole tweet & make it look like broken english or grammar used by kids on the internet.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
I use several but recently have been using Tweetie more because of a few bugs I've noticed in Twittelator. Tweetie is fast, free, and has a simple UI. Twittelator Pro is loaded with features but I think it's getting too big and complicated.

TweetDeck is a good contender but for me, the font is too small. I like the UI though.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I use several but recently have been using Tweetie more because of a few bugs I've noticed in Twittelator. Tweetie is fast, free, and has a simple UI. Twittelator Pro is loaded with features but I think it's getting too big and complicated.

TweetDeck is a good contender but for me, the font is too small. I like the UI though.
You've pretty much nailed my opinion. Tweetie is simple and fast. TP seems to have a little too much going on, and UI isn't as intuitive as Tweetie (IMO).

I use OTHER. Specifically, IM+ from Shape Services. It isn't the best all around Twitter client but it does have push and it also talks all of my other IM flavors like MSN, Yahoo, GTalk, Skype, ICQ, AOL, Facebook and more. If they ever add IRC with push it will be a killer app.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Tweetie is superb bit it's not free. It's $2.99
I stand corrected. I've got 3 or 4 different apps and got confused. Twitterfon (not Pro) and TweetDeck were the free ones. For $2.99 though, Tweetie is well worth it.