Tweetie Question on Updating tweets

Marcelon

Feb 21, 2009
Hey folks,
I have Tweetie installed and for some reason the "tweets" are not updating that often. I'm new to the twitter thing so maybe this is normal. When I go directly to the person, I see a lot of tweets that are not on the main "tweets" screen. If i go directly to the person I see a lot more. These seem to be the tweets @someuser...are these not presented on the main tweet screen.

Hopefully I made sense and hope this isn't a dumb question

Thanks

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Hey folks,
I have Tweetie installed and for some reason the "tweets" are not updating that often. I'm new to the twitter thing so maybe this is normal. When I go directly to the person, I see a lot of tweets that are not on the main "tweets" screen. If i go directly to the person I see a lot more. These seem to be the tweets @someuser...are these not presented on the main tweet screen.

Hopefully I made sense and hope this isn't a dumb question

Thanks
Are you following them?

Marcelon

Feb 21, 2009
yes I'm following them and thanks for the responce

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
If you follow a fair number of people the volume of tweets generated may be quite high, so they don't stay on first screen for long.

Try using the 'Load More' link at bottom of tweets screen to see more ...

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
I didn't think Tweetie did automatic updates. There's a refresh "button" at the top, above all the current tweets that you need to tap to get new ones.

The Load More... at the bottom brings in older tweets, not new ones.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I didn't think Tweetie did automatic updates. There's a refresh "button" at the top, above all the current tweets that you need to tap to get new ones.

The Load More... at the bottom brings in older tweets, not new ones.
True. Depends what the OP is missing I guess. My impression, or guess more like, was that he was implying that on a friend's individual page he was seeing tweets from, say, an hour ago, but not seeing those on main page. So by using 'Load More' you'd get to tweets from farther back and perhaps see some 'missing' ones ...

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
True. Depends what the OP is missing I guess. My impression, or guess more like, was that he was implying that on a friend's individual page he was seeing tweets from, say, an hour ago, but not seeing those on main page. So by using 'Load More' you'd get to tweets from farther back and perhaps see some 'missing' ones ...
Ah, I think I see what the OP was noticing...

The OP was seeing tweets that his follower was making when he went to the follower's Twitter page.
When I go directly to the person, I see a lot of tweets that are not on the main "tweets" screen. If i go directly to the person I see a lot more. These seem to be the tweets @someuser...are these not presented on the main tweet screen.
These were @Replies to other people. The OP didn't see those in his own timeline because he wasn't following the people his follower was @Repying to. Make sense?

There's a setting in your Twitter profile that lets you see either all tweets by your followers or just those made to others that you both follow. If he changes the setting to see all tweets, he'll see what he was missing.

Marcelon

Feb 21, 2009
Ah, I think I see what the OP was noticing...

The OP was seeing tweets that his follower was making when he went to the follower's Twitter page. These were @Replies to other people. The OP didn't see those in his own timeline because he wasn't following the people his follower was @Repying to. Make sense?

There's a setting in your Twitter profile that lets you see either all tweets by your followers or just those made to others that you both follow. If he changes the setting to see all tweets, he'll see what he was missing.

Changing the @replies on the twitter site fixed my issue.
Thanks for all the help