Twin Peaks

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Twin Peaks[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Mystery[/GENRE], [GENRE]Sci-Fi & Fantasy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]1990-04-08[/RELEASE]

Creator: [SERIESAUTH]Mark Frost[/SERIESAUTH], [SERIESAUTH]David Lynch[/SERIESAUTH]

Cast: [ACTOR]Ray Wise[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lara Flynn Boyle[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sherilyn Fenn[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sheryl Lee[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kyle MacLachlan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Ontkean[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dana Ashbrook[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Grace Zabriskie[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Piper Laurie[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Peggy Lipton[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kimmy Robertson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Warren Frost[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James Marshall[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Joan Chen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sheryl Lee[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Chris Mulkey[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Wendy Robie[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Richard Beymer[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Harry Goaz[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jack Nance[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Russ Tamblyn[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Horse[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mädchen Amick[/ACTOR]

Overview: [PLOT]Twin Peaks is an American television serial drama created by Mark Frost and David Lynch. It follows an investigation headed by FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper into the murder of homecoming queen Laura Palmer. Its pilot episode was first broadcast on April 8, 1990 on ABC. Seven more episodes were produced, and the series was renewed for a second season that aired until June 10, 1991. The show's title came from the small, fictional Washington town in which it was set. Exteriors were primarily filmed in the Washington towns of Snoqualmie and North Bend, though additional exteriors were shot in southern California. Most of the interior scenes were shot on standing sets in a San Fernando Valley warehouse.

Twin Peaks became one of the top-rated shows of 1990 and was a critical success both nationally and internationally. It captured a devoted cult fan base and became a part of popular culture that has been referenced in television shows, commercials, comic books, video games, films and song lyrics. Declining viewer ratings led to ABC's insistence that the identity of Laura's murderer be revealed midway through the second season. The series was followed by a 1992 feature film, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me, which serves as a prequel to the television series.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Something has been telling me to watch this show. I watched bits and pieces of it during its original run, but I don't remember anything. It'll be fun to see whether a show from the 90s can still pique my interest. David Lynch is one of this show's creators, and he also directed my favorite movie (Mulhollland Drive), so I'm sure this show will at the very least bring some moderate delight.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
There is now a restaurant called Twin Peaks where I'm from and let me just tell you...the servers and all are hot hot hot! :)

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
tried watching this a year ago, and couldn't make it more than two episodes in. I don't understand why people praise it so highly. it's probably the campiest tv show I've ever seen.

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
I was living in Virginia when this came out. A bunch of us at work got together every week to watch it. It really was a very fun watch.

But I'm not sure I'm ready to watch it again.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
I worked in a factory setting in the 90's and remember a young lady who had to have at least 70% of her body mass above her waist. When I pointed out that she was wearing a Twin Peaks T-shirt she turned about 10 different shades of embarrassed and ran at a full gallop to the locker room to change shirts. Always liked that show based mostly on that one memory.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

Sent from my iPhone 6