Twinkle: iPhone Twitter App with Locate Me Features

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
i signed up for twitter and installed twinkle on my phone. However I get tweets through SMS and not through twinkle app. What am I doing wrong?
Under Settings > Devices you have added SMS. If you have an umlimited plan, that's cool - but I just add an IM account to there to see tweets in Gtalk - there's no way I'd want to get an SMS for every tweet from everyone I follow ...

reebs

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Under Settings > Devices you have added SMS. If you have an umlimited plan, that's cool - but I just add an IM account to there to see tweets in Gtalk - there's no way I'd want to get an SMS for every tweet from everyone I follow ...
oh i see thanks! so what shows up on home tab on twinkle app? tweets i have sent? right now says hang in for sec, loading all tweets for first time and msg doesn't go away.:sick:

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
oh i see thanks! so what shows up on home tab on twinkle app? tweets i have sent? right now says hang in for sec, loading all tweets for first time and msg doesn't go away.:sick:
It should show you your own tweets, and those of anyone you follow ...

reebs

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
It should show you your own tweets, and those of anyone you follow ...
weird not showing my tweets...i'll try again. this looks like it's going to be fun!:laugh2:

reebs

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Odd. What's your ID, if you don't mind sharing? I'll try to follow you and see what I see - my ID is justiPhoneblog
nanikai
i'm following you already

reebs

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
I'm not seeing any Tweets either.
ok so it's just not me, did you just sign up today? i just signed up so don't know if temporary thing or what:mad:

JustinM

Apr 23, 2008
ok so it's just not me, did you just sign up today? i just signed up so don't know if temporary thing or what:mad:
Yes, I signed up today. Also, everytime I go to "Settings" or enter a "Username / pass" when Im done, it crashes. When I return to the app, it remembers that info. BTW, Im on a 1.1.3 iPhone that started as a 1.0. Using AT&T. Everything else works but this.

reebs

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Yes, I signed up today. Also, everytime I go to "Settings" or enter a "Username / pass" when Im done, it crashes. When I return to the app, it remembers that info. BTW, Im on a 1.1.3 iPhone that started as a 1.0. Using AT&T. Everything else works but this.
haven't had that problem...let me check it out. maybe it's still buggy. not a lot of people here seem to have tried this app yet but patrickj didn't seem to have a problem.

JustinM

Apr 23, 2008
just restored to 1.1.4 and my crash bug is gone, NearMe is still working, but still waiting for Tweets to show up. :p Yet when I add a Tween from someone nearby, it gives me the option to stop following when I return to them, but it never shows up on my main screen. Grr.

reebs

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
just restored to 1.1.4 and my crash bug is gone, NearMe is still working, but still waiting for Tweets to show up. :p Yet when I add a Tween from someone nearby, it gives me the option to stop following when I return to them, but it never shows up on my main screen. Grr.
i know frustrating!

reebs

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
finally got it to work last night! i installed the new version and my tweets did not work initially but about a minute later they popped up. still appears they have some technical difficulties as sometimes i get message about this.

JustinM

Apr 23, 2008
finally got it to work last night! i installed the new version and my tweets did not work initially but about a minute later they popped up. still appears they have some technical difficulties as sometimes i get message about this.
Still no tweets here. Re-installed and let it load my tweets for over an hour 5 times now.

reebs

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Still no tweets here. Re-installed and let it load my tweets for over an hour 5 times now.
do you have version 0.75? are u on 1.14? hmmm mine has been working all day. what is your username? let me see if I can follow you if you don't mind and I can check out what's going on.

reebs

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
mine is nanikai, feel free to follow