Twitter / Facebook App

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Alright EIC's I'm looking for an app that combines twitter and Facebook into a single app. What I'm really looking for is the ability to view tweets and facebook statuses in the same app. I'd also like to be able to post a status that I can select to go to twitter and facebook (or one or the other would be nice). Anyone know of a good app? If not would anyone be interested in something like that? I'm a developer and would certainly consider coding it.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Friendfeed does this plus a lot more. It lets you choose to automatically pump your status / messages in to FF, from: Facebook, Twitter, Google Reader, Last.fm, Pandora, Blip.fm, Flickr, Digg, StumbleUpon, Photobucket, YouTube, and tons more.

Once you do your initial setup and select any or all of the 57 service it plugs into, your input from any of those will automatically flow to your FF feed, where others can 'like' an item or comment on it.

It offers threaded conversation, rooms that you can subscribe to that cover specific topic areas, and real-time feed updates.

It's easily the most complete aggregation service, and one of the best sites for great conversation on everything from LOL Cats to cutting-edge tech to anything under the sun.

Oh, and I'm not linked to it in any way except being an active user - it's run by Ex Google super clever types.

If you *only* want Facebook and Twitter and nothing else, I don't know an app that does specifically that. Closest I can think of is Nambu (on Mac nd iPhone) that offers Twiiter, Friendfeed, Ping.fm, and one or two others.

Personally, I'd find a Twitter plus Friendfeed app much more interesting, as I just find Facebook hugely annoying, rarely use it ...