Twitter #music app

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I spent some time this morning with the new Twitter #music app. Curious what others think about Twitter's foray into music discovery?

If you haven't downloaded it yet, here's the link to Twitter #music in the App Store.

Last edited:

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I agree with a lot of the points in your post about it. It's definitely a crowded field to get into as there are plenty of good music discovery resources / services around.

I think it's got some promise though, especially if you find that at least a decent %age of folks you follow have similar musical tastes to yours. And it's building on something that lots of people already do - tweeting about songs / artists they like.

I've got it installed on my iPad mini and I'll see what I reckon after having it around for a while.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
If it were teenage me, I'd probably really enjoy Twitter music. People already have avenues to tweet, share their music interests. I see your Spotify shares, Tom Petty right?

Today, #NowPlaying recommended Psy and some awful track shared by Marianne. I'm sure my followers weren't thrilled with my Cherry Pie tweet.

I agree w/ you though, if you are in the same age/group, it can work well for you. The limited playback is also very limiting.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Me - Tom Petty? Yes, absolutely.

I love Spotify and use the heck out of it on the Mac, iPad, and iPhone - but I have to say I almost never remember to look much at what friends are sharing. I go in and use Radio with existing and new stations, tweak playlists, look at related artists of new artists I'm enjoying and that kinda thing.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
If it were teenage me, I'd probably really enjoy Twitter music. People already have avenues to tweet, share their music interests. I see your Spotify shares, Tom Petty right?

Today, #NowPlaying recommended Psy and some awful track shared by Marianne. I'm sure my followers weren't thrilled with my Cherry Pie tweet.

I agree w/ you though, if you are in the same age/group, it can work well for you. The limited playback is also very limiting.
Hey! It wasn't awful. It wasn't great but it wasn't awful! :D

I admit that I did have a hard time finding something worth sharing when I was trying it out...