Twitter #music app

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by chris, Apr 18, 2013.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I spent some time this morning with the new Twitter #music app. Curious what others think about Twitter's foray into music discovery?

If you haven't downloaded it yet, here's the link to Twitter #music in the App Store.

#1 chris, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  2. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

I agree with a lot of the points in your post about it. It's definitely a crowded field to get into as there are plenty of good music discovery resources / services around.

I think it's got some promise though, especially if you find that at least a decent %age of folks you follow have similar musical tastes to yours. And it's building on something that lots of people already do - tweeting about songs / artists they like.

I've got it installed on my iPad mini and I'll see what I reckon after having it around for a while.

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

If it were teenage me, I'd probably really enjoy Twitter music. People already have avenues to tweet, share their music interests. I see your Spotify shares, Tom Petty right?

Today, #NowPlaying recommended Psy and some awful track shared by Marianne. I'm sure my followers weren't thrilled with my Cherry Pie tweet.

I agree w/ you though, if you are in the same age/group, it can work well for you. The limited playback is also very limiting.

4. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

Me - Tom Petty? Yes, absolutely.

I love Spotify and use the heck out of it on the Mac, iPad, and iPhone - but I have to say I almost never remember to look much at what friends are sharing. I go in and use Radio with existing and new stations, tweak playlists, look at related artists of new artists I'm enjoying and that kinda thing.

5. Marianne

Marianne Zealot

Hey! It wasn't awful. It wasn't great but it wasn't awful! :D

I admit that I did have a hard time finding something worth sharing when I was trying it out...

6. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

Downloaded it today. Deleted it today. Only top 40 hits are being shared. #boo