Two and a half men used iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Haha probably one of those cases where they insert in the screen shot later via computer. I do love how everyone's on the prowl to find an iPhone on tv, it makes watching that much more fun.

coal0101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
you know there was at least one person on the set that knew he was holding it wrong but didn't say anything to them just too make ol Charley look like an ***...not that he doesn't do a good job at that already...haha
Yeah, what a fool, not knowing how to use the phone...but he did get to sleep with Denise Richards...so that is 1 for ol Charley and none for all us sad saps. I would trade my phone for her if she is interested.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Ya know, there are several sightings now where a TV character has held the iPhone upside down. I have a feeling that they do this at the request of the director/producers because then the proximity detector doesn't go off and the screen stays on thus... the thing looks blingier.

Just a guess.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
if you look at the character of "Charlie" on Two and a Half Men, you could easily see how the iPhone is upside down.

and yeah, there had to be someone on the set who knows how to hold an iPhone so they are either just being careless, or didn't think it was important enough to throw away precious film for.

also, just because the show isn't live, doesn't mean that they can just edit out everything. i mean, there are tons of errors in movies and tv shows that go uncorrected just to save money.

actors don't always do what they are supposed to do either.. so that just makes it tons of reasons why this could be "wrong".

it just kinda makes me laugh when movies/tv are wrong :D

Sep 19, 2007
Well it seems to me that they are using it that way to hide the Apple logo. The reason I say this is because if you looked at the way he was holding it. His finger was blocking the logo. Also last weeks episode of moonlight, they showed some people outside taking photos with the iPhone and the logo was clearly rubbed off. I don't know why they even would do this since, everbody knows it is from Apple.

David

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
It's probably because Apple didn't pay for any advertising and you know there are people out there who will go get one just because they saw so-and-so using one on a TV show.

Next time you see someone using a laptop, particularly if it's a MacBook (and they're pretty obvious), it'll probably have the logo taped over unless they specifically say the computer being used is from Apple.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
^^I always find it annoying when contestants on shows or something have a hat on but they have a huge piece of black tape covering up the logo on the front of it. But of course, they don't want to give blatant free advertisement if they don't have to.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
It's probably because Apple didn't pay for any advertising and you know there are people out there who will go get one just because they saw so-and-so using one on a TV show.

Next time you see someone using a laptop, particularly if it's a MacBook (and they're pretty obvious), it'll probably have the logo taped over unless they specifically say the computer being used is from Apple.
OR! like on Nickolodeon shows, they have "Pear Computers"...

lefooey

Sep 28, 2007
Well it seems to me that they are using it that way to hide the Apple logo. The reason I say this is because if you looked at the way he was holding it. His finger was blocking the logo.
While I didn't see this particular event, I'd have to agree with your assessment. It's very commonplace to hide logos for both trademark and commercial reasons. It's not just a possibility that they don't want to show an Apple product without Apple paying for advertising, but also that they don't want to show Apple's trademark without explicit permission from Apple.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
OR! like on Nickolodeon shows, they have "Pear Computers"...
Those really tick me off for some reason!

Every time I see one of those things, I'm like, "It's obvious that 'pear' is a form of 'Apple', just man up and get a Mac!"

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
It doesn't seeem to be network related. On Fox News, there's one mid morning team that each have MacBook Pros prominently displayed in front of them, then later in the day , some other anchors have other models.