Two Apple ids one Apple account

Discussion in 'iCloud' started by jonharnew, May 19, 2012.

1. jonharnew

jonharnew Member
    Bronze

I seem to have an Apple I'd on my iPhone ending @yahoo.co.uk and my IPad ending @gmail.com for iCloud, both have the same password and can access my iTunes account but don't seem to be syncing between the phone and the iPad3. The box in settings which shows these Id's will not allow me to replace the I'd. How do I get the same I'd on both devices. I tried adding each as an extra email address but it just says this I'd is in use on another device and won't let me add it.

John

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You'll need to merge them. You can manage your account here:

3. jonharnew

jonharnew Member
    Bronze

Further to the above just been checking the iCloud in settings again and it gives the option to delete account, of I do this will I then be able to log back in under the other I'd. That is delete the @yahoo.co.uk account then sign in as @gmail.com

Thanks

John

4. jonharnew

jonharnew Member
    Bronze

Hi Europa

That link appears to be broken coming up with server not found, it could be I am in very poor reception areas at moment, so will do search for merge accounts when I get a stronger signal.
    Many Thanks

John

5. jonharnew

jonharnew Member
    Bronze

It appears that there is no way to merge two accounts at the moment according to Apple

John

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

7. surfer

surfer Member
    Bronze

You cannot merge them. For example, if I have a non-iCloud address and an iCloud address, I cannot add or exchange with any address that is already in use in an account. Which negates the ability to merge them. Bummer.

8. wewe

wewe New Member

no way to merge`````:cautious: