Two computer (#1:Exchange,#2:iTunes music)

stubbo

Jun 18, 2009
I am waiting for my first iPhone to arrive and I have a Noob question for when it arrives.

My home computer has iTunes with all my iPod music on it.

My work computer is on a corporate network using Exchange. I have been using ActiveSync to put my contacts and calendar info into my Motorola Q9H.

The best I can tell from reading the online manual and posts here, I do not put iTunes on my work computer. The phone directly accesses the Microsoft Exchange. My home computer will continue to be my iTunes computer for the iPhone.

Am I correct?

Adam1389

Silver
Nov 20, 2008
Ilwaco, WA
You'll need to get the exchange server settings and all the to put into the iPhone. It won't sync contacts or anything though, you have to do that through iTunes.

stubbo

Jun 18, 2009
You'll need to get the exchange server settings and all the to put into the iPhone. It won't sync contacts or anything though, you have to do that through iTunes.
The only thing I want to sync is contacts and calendar.

Now the question is: can I run iTunes on both computers with music on my home computer and only Outlook contacts and calendar on my work computer?

Adam1389

Silver
Nov 20, 2008
Ilwaco, WA
I think as long as you set up not to sync applications or music or anything on the work one you will be fine. Just have the contacts checked to sync. It will warn you its going to erase everything else, but if nothing is checked to sync you shouldn't have to worry about it. Same with your home computer, uncheck contacts, and just sync apps and music.

stubbo

Jun 18, 2009
I think as long as you set up not to sync applications or music or anything on the work one you will be fine. Just have the contacts checked to sync. It will warn you its going to erase everything else, but if nothing is checked to sync you shouldn't have to worry about it. Same with your home computer, uncheck contacts, and just sync apps and music.
Thanks, I'll give that a try.