Two Features I Miss

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Woesong

Bronze
Feb 12, 2013
I'm usually on my iPhone, and when I'm not, I'm on my Mini, but I remember tasks from the past.

(1) Search within a page. I'm looking for a password or any other phrase and I have to just twiddle through screens to find it.

(2) Going to the bottom of any page. Just hit the Bottom button in Safari or any other program to get to the bottom of such matters is how I'd like it to be, the way you can on the iMac. (I know Dolphin has a two-step process to accomplish this, but I prefer Safari for other reasons.)

Just a couple of minor irritations I suppose I must expect in order to carry my communication device in my pocket.

Sent using iCafe app

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Searching for a word/phrase within a page isn't gone.

(1) Open up the page in Safari.
(2) Tap on the Search field (to the right of the URL field).
(3) Type in the word/phrase you want to find.
(4) Scroll all the way down until you see the "On This Page" header.

The number of matches for your word/phrase will be listed there. Tap on "Find <keyword>" right below the "On This Page" header to start displaying them.

As far as a way to quickly jump to the bottom of a page, I don't know of any way to do it on the iPhone... and I'm not sure how you're doing it on the iMac.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You can tap the status bar to go to the top of the page, but I don't think there is a way to get to the bottom of the page without scrolling unless you jailbreak. Action Menu adds that feature if you do jailbreak.

image.jpg

Woesong

Bronze
Feb 12, 2013
Thanks for the info! I have actually used that on the Mini, but had forgotten.

As to getting to the bottom on the iMac, it couldn't be simpler. You hit the 'end' key. And 'home' will take you right back to the top.

Sent using iCafe app

Woesong

Bronze
Feb 12, 2013
I'm playing with Dolphin browser again. You tap the fishy symbol in the toolbar and draw a V and you jump to the bottom of the page. Other simple doodles do other chores, and you can customize your own.

Sent using iCafe app

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Thanks for the info! I have actually used that on the Mini, but had forgotten.

As to getting to the bottom on the iMac, it couldn't be simpler. You hit the 'end' key. And 'home' will take you right back to the top.

Sent using iCafe app
Oh, I see! You have this keyboard:

http://gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/07/imac-slim-keyboard-1.jpg

I have the little keyboard... http://www.apple.com/keyboard/#hero-2

I do miss that bigger keyboard sometimes!

UPDATE: I started thinking, there must be a two-key combination to get the same functionality as the "End" key. After a couple guesses, I got it! Command+Down Arrow goes to the bottom of the page, and, quite predictably, Command+Up Arrow does the opposite.

Woesong

Bronze
Feb 12, 2013
UPDATE: I started thinking, there must be a two-key combination to get the same functionality as the "End" key. After a couple guesses, I got it! Command+Down Arrow goes to the bottom of the page, and, quite predictably, Command+Up Arrow does the opposite.
I do remember reading of that keyboard shortcut in days gone by, but I'm just not up on the iMac all that much anymore. Seems like more and more chores can be handled by the iPhone and the Mini.

Sent using iCafe app