Two iPhones, one iTunes account, and an upset wife

Jan 8, 2012
Sacramento, CA
My wife is getting upset. I am the registered iTunes owner so every time I download an app for my iPhone she gets the app on her iPhone. "Not cool," she says.

Is there a solution to this problem? And not to throw out two problems in one thread, but just in case they are related: every time I am on my iTunes it asks to register my wife's phone--and I am not sycing her phone. Her phone already has a unique name, but does that mean it is truly registered? Should I follow the prompts?

I am afraid to go through with the registration because I think it will somehow nullify my iPhone account. Sorry for all the questions, but I am new at this stuff.

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
On her phone go to setting>store and check to see what automatic download are turned on.

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
iMessage is not a problem since it uses your email address. There are 5 of us sharing one Apple id we all have separate iCloud accounts and we don't have any problems. We turn auto download off/on where we want share or not.

---
I am here: Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
iMessage is not a problem since it uses your email address. There are 5 of us sharing one Apple id we all have separate iCloud accounts and we don't have any problems. We turn auto download off/on where we want share or not.

---
Is your Apple ID tied to any of your individual accounts?

Last edited:

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
My Apple id is the main id used. Everyone has an Apple id from the from the past but don't use them for the most part. Now everyone uses an iCloud id for backups and such.

---

Last edited by a moderator: