Two major questions.

Mar 29, 2009
So I am getting an iPhone 3g S and I already have an iPhone 3g. The 3g S I am getting is not from the store, it is a gift from a friend. Will switching for me be as easy as switching my sim card from my 3g to the 3g S? Or will I have to call AT&T for them to program it? So basically what I'm asking, do I just switch sim card and connect it to my laptop for all my data and I'm done?

Also, there is a chance I get it tonight.(supposebly.) I don't believe it but thats what I've been told. Don't ask questions concerning this I honestly don't have any answers. My question is, will I be able to hook it up if I get it tonight? Or do I have to wait for the official launch tomorrow.

azsprty

Jun 10, 2009
Valley of the Sun
you should be able to just pop the sim right into the phone. I seriously doubt youll get your hands on it tonight

Mar 29, 2009
I doubt it to my friend, I don't believe the person. But this person also got sidekick LX's a week early. He is known to get phones earlier than usual, but iPhones are usually a completely different domain. I promise to update you guys on what happens tonight. But like I said I really really doubt it cause to me it seems impossible.

Mar 24, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Whatever you do, don't call AT&T tonight, talking about "my friend got me the new iPhone 3G S and I have it in my hand right now, please activate it." LOL

They're probably going to want to know which truck those phones that your friend "gets" fell from..

PLEASE WAIT TIL TOMORROW... or run the risk if getting your friend, or yourself, into some legal trouble..

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
AT&T has no problem with you using someone else's upgrade for the iPhone as long as they get a 2 yr contract on the line used for the best upgrade price. Now I don't know if it makes any difference if you are on a family plan or not, but I don't see why it would make a difference. I am using someones upgrade eligibility on my family plan and I asked them what I had to do, they just said to put my sim in and activate through iTunes. It's that simple and nothing gets changed on your friends line, just the 2 yr contract.