Two new iPhones and I cant restore them to v 1.0.2

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 3, 2007
I just bought two new iPhones and i cant restore them to 1.02v. I have tried everything.

Has anyone run into this problem

I get an error message in iTunes. I'm a windows user.

Looks like my baseband has been updated to the new 4.x.x version.

Has anyone comlet a secseffull baseband downgrade?

Please help.

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
I know I upgraded myPhone to use 1.1.1 then went back to 1.0.2 so I could run all the apps and such, and I didn't and still don't have any errors.

But, if the phones were loaded with 1.1.1 stock I'm not sure.

Oct 3, 2007
I know I upgraded myPhone to use 1.1.1 then went back to 1.0.2 so I could run all the apps and such, and I didn't and still don't have any errors.

But, if the phones were loaded with 1.1.1 stock I'm not sure.

Ya its came with 1.1.1, they are new phones....not sure what to do.

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
I just bought two new iPhones and i cant restore them to 1.02v. I have tried everything.

Has anyone run into this problem

I get an error message in iTunes. I'm a windows user.

Looks like my baseband has been updated to the new 4.x.x version.

Has anyone comlet a secseffull baseband downgrade?

Please help.
I think the only way to restore to 1.0.2 is to have a copy of that loaded in your iTunes. There is a ton of threads on how to do this with links to download the 1.0.2 files.
My question is, why would you go back to 1.0.2? 1.1.1 can be jailbroken.
Read this thread, I believe it tells you how to load 1.0.2 as well as how to jailbreak 1.1.1.
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...-restoring-to-1-0-2-windows.12715/#post123403
My link takes you right to the area for jailbreaking 1.1.1. I think the directions for downgrading to 1.0.2 are more towards to beginning of the thread.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 3, 2007
I think the only way to restore to 1.0.2 is to have a copy of that loaded in your iTunes. There is a ton of threads on how to do this with links to download the 1.0.2 files.
My question is, why would you go back to 1.0.2? 1.1.1 can be jailbroken.
Read this thread, I believe it tells you how to load 1.0.2 as well as how to jailbreak 1.1.1.
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...-restoring-to-1-0-2-windows.12715/#post123403

My link takes you right to the area for jailbreaking 1.1.1. I think the directions for downgrading to 1.0.2 are more towards to beginning of the thread.

Good luck

I tried the jailbreak and it did not work anyone else have something tthat they have tested and works?

Last edited by a moderator: