Two piece cases for 3G?

bigcanoe

Jan 18, 2009
I am looking for a case where I can slide off (easily, without scratching) the bottom for docking in a ProClip mount. Any suggestions?

bigcanoe

Jan 18, 2009
A few I am considering:

iFrogz Luxe
Griffin Clarifi
Griffin Elan
Incase Slider

Its important to have a case that wont scratch the phone, since I will be taking it off (at least the dock part) daily.

Do the one piece silicone cases stand up to use like that?

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Its important to have a case that wont scratch the phone, since I will be taking it off (at least the dock part) daily.

Do the one piece silicone cases stand up to use like that?
I've had a couple of rubber/silicone cases for my iPhones (from Incase and Paul Frank, as well as a Tunewear one briefly) and they stretch out over time and I didn't think they'd hold up at all with repeated removals/insertions.

I have the Incase Slider and it's perfect if you dock your iPhone frequently, which I do. It has not scratched my iPhone.

Dec 16, 2008
i had the Griffen elan and it looks and feels great. but if you are not careful when you slide it in, you can eventually start seeing fine line scratches on top (where the clip holds on to your phone) and the back bottom area (where the sleeve holds your phone). right now i am using the contour showcase and i keep the incase power slider in the car. the power slider can scratch your phone a little on the back and the showcase is great but you have to remove it to dock.

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
I have an invisible shield and a marware sportgrip case. I take it off a lot and it doesn't stret h and I don't have to worry about scratches.When you drop most twopiece cases they tend to split open and almost fling your iPhone out. I suggest one piece cases.