Two Problems (Weather & Email)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Shotta876

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
1. I can't add my city to the "weather" section at all. First of all, I live in Florida.. and for some reason this phone defaults to weather from California & New York. That's wonderful and all, but I live in Miami. Well.. when I search my zip code, the city comes up fine. Then, once it goes to "updating" -- it says "update failed" -- I've turned my phone off multiple times and tried this over and over again, and nothing.

2. My email simply will not validate. It's a Gmail account, and I don't understand why?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
1. I can't add my city to the "weather" section at all. First of all, I live in Florida.. and for some reason this phone defaults to weather from California & New York. That's wonderful and all, but I live in Miami. Well.. when I search my zip code, the city comes up fine. Then, once it goes to "updating" -- it says "update failed" -- I've turned my phone off multiple times and tried this over and over again, and nothing.

2. My email simply will not validate. It's a Gmail account, and I don't understand why?
1.) If other cities work, the problem is with the date for your city. If that is the case try using a nearby city instead.

2.) Gmail should work fine. Just make sure you use your correct username and password when setting it up. Your username must include @gmail.com.

--
Mike

MaineWriter

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
1. The phone comes pre-installed with weather for California and New York. You can delete those cities and add your own and like the other poster said, if your exact city/town is not listed, pick something nearby.

2. I had a problem with gmail and someone else gave me this solution, which did the trick: Login to your gmail account, hit settings then click on the "Forwarding and POP" button and click on the "Enable POP for all mail" button and hit save changes. then reinput your info into the iPhone and it will work.

MW

z28black98

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Tulsa, OK
1. The phone comes pre-installed with weather for California and New York. You can delete those cities and add your own and like the other poster said, if your exact city/town is not listed, pick something nearby.

2. I had a problem with gmail and someone else gave me this solution, which did the trick: Login to your gmail account, hit settings then click on the "Forwarding and POP" button and click on the "Enable POP for all mail" button and hit save changes. then reinput your info into the iPhone and it will work.

MW
yeah thats what I had to do for my gmail to work. I posted the same thing last week helping someone. About your weather. If there is more the one city listed, you can scroll left to right and it will list every city you have listed. For instance, I live in Tulsa, and I frequent Dallas and San Diego. I have all 3 listed in that order. So when I hit weather, Tulsa comes up first, i scroll to the right and dallas comes up, scroll again to the right and San Diego is there. Hope that helps

MaineWriter

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
I have actually put in my town, the city where my son is in college, and cities in England, Belgium, Germany and Spain where I have friends. It is fun to scroll through their weather every morning.

MW

Shotta876

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007

MW
Cheers, dude!

I was getting the POP message, so that did the trick.

Thanks to all others as well. :cool:

Maahu

Bronze
Sep 19, 2007
Same Problems Here...

Did a Google, and found your thread. I've got the same problems.

WiFi just stopped working (Linksys 802.11b) after being fine for a week; weather was fine, email was fine.

When I turn off the WiFi on the iPhone, everything works as expected using Edge. Turn WiFi back on email and weather updates fail again. This problem started either today (9/19/07) or possibly late last night.

Maahu

Bronze
Sep 19, 2007
Follow Up

Did a Google, and found your thread. I've got the same problems.

WiFi just stopped working (Linksys 802.11b) after being fine for a week; weather was fine, email was fine.

When I turn off the WiFi on the iPhone, everything works as expected using Edge. Turn WiFi back on email and weather updates fail again. This problem started either today (9/19/07) or possibly late last night.
Just wanted to add a bit here. I hooked up another Linksys wireless router; this one's an 802.11g, and now the iPhone is working again on WiFi.

Switching between the two routers from the iPhone's WiFi menu, my weather updates on the g, stops updating on the b, and starts up again when I switch back to the g.

FWIW, my laptop works just fine on the 802.11b router. No hanging web pages like the iPhone.

Anyway, hope this helps you or anyone else out some.