Two questions concerning the iPhone (please answer)

Feb 10, 2008
I am going to buy the iPhone soon but can anyone tell me if it cost more to have on an att plan and should i wait for a second generation iPhone because i heard the release date is soon

please resond:cool:

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
Welcome to the eic,

and to answer your question.

well,

the v2 iPhone nobody knows when it will be released and whether it will be worth the extra money,

but abut AT&T.

if you want to be able to surf the Internet, and watch youtube at slow speeds, get AT&T. if you want to pay less, have more minutes and txts, but have slower Internet, get
tmobile, and the 5.99 Internet plan.

I have tmobile.

any new iPhone can be unlocked.

tymphillips

Bronze
Aug 31, 2007
I wouldn't wait for the new iPhone coming out, because who knows when it will be out. I would pick one up today. As far as AT&T, that's who I use because I tried using the unlock and using T-Mobile, but once I bricked my iPhone once because I did the update. I was done unlocking it. Yeah AT&T network is slow but if you're like me there is always Wi-Fi around somewhere. As far as checking weather, stocks, and Gmaps the Edge isn't that bad. Internet and YouTube can be unless the websites are made for the iPhone. Hope this helps you out!

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
edge is painfully slow but like another poster said, there is wi-fi. I use my iPhone primarily at work or at home both of which I just use wi-fi. Go and get one now weather it be a 8gb or a 16gb one and enjoy it.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
It might be worth your while to wait a few weeks more. Rumors are flying around about Apple dropping the 8GB completely and selling the 16GB version for $400.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
I would doubt the new one is coming in 2 weeks too, ESPECIALLY after they just upgraded v1 to 16 GB.

I would not wait for v2 anyway. But, I WOULD wait a week or two and see if they drop the price $100.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
2 WEEKS FOR 3G NO

That will not happen. I agree they might announce a release date but even that is not likley due to Apple having fears of those holding out and waiting for v2

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
ya you are probably right. especially since they just released the 16gig they wouldn't want to hurt those sales by announcing the 3g

Feb 1, 2008
Welcome to the eic,

and to answer your question.

well,

the v2 iPhone nobody knows when it will be released and whether it will be worth the extra money,

but abut AT&T.

if you want to be able to surf the Internet, and watch youtube at slow speeds, get AT&T. if you want to pay less, have more minutes and txts, but have slower Internet, get
tmobile, and the 5.99 Internet plan.

I have tmobile.

any new iPhone can be unlocked.
I was just reading this post, and I have a question...I have T mobile and firmware 1.1.1 on my phone, with a T mobile internet plan, my phone is jailbroken and unlocked, but I don't get the internet at all, only when I'm in my house through wi-fi. Edge doesn't work at all, can you help me and point me in the right direction?

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Waiting might be a good idea because rumor has it 3g is coming in 2 weeks, and we all know an iPhone rumor is just a delayed manifestation of what is already here, ;)
http://www.myitablet.com/apple-event-predicted-feb-26th-to-launch-3g-iphone-sdk-081952.php
may be announced in two weeks but I don't see it being RELEASED before June at the earliest. I wouldn't mind if June 29th (the date the first one was released) becomes iDay every year and that's the day we get the new version each year

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
may be announced in two weeks but I don't see it being RELEASED before June at the earliest. I wouldn't mind if June 29th (the date the first one was released) becomes iDay every year and that's the day we get the new version each year
That would be cool, Apple would have its very own signature day, Hillary might even declare it a holiday (God did i say Hillary...Heaven help us) people would be taking off from work, planning vacations and functions, all for June 29th.
could even replace Superbowl Sunday as one of the bigest days of the year..
You listening Jobs? New and better iPhones every june 29th..Its your chance for immortality..grab it.

electoman

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I would go ahead and get the phone. As other have stated, wi-fi is all around. I am an AT&T DSL subscriber so soon even my local and not so local Starbucks will be free. Edge when traveling and Starbucks to boot. Things are looking up.