two reasons to break

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
hi all, I have been considering jailbraking my phone and am nearly making the jump. I have 2 basic needs forwarding SMS's which I know is possible with iSMS. But what about copy and paste, is this possible on a jailbroken phone.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Nope.

Closest thing still is iCopy, which gives some ability to copy/paste within Safari, and does *not* require JB ...

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
No, it's not possible on any iPhone. The problem is that copy paste needs to be an embedded object within the OS and we don't exactly have access to the code. The SDK is even worse then jailbreaking since it limits the access to the iPhone even more, so the SDK won't solve this either. Unless Apple adds this function no one can create a TRUE fix.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
where can I get this?
Go HERE. You install it as a bookmark in Safari and then sync it to your iPhone and edit it per instructions on the site. If you were jailbroken (ahem, cough) you could install the Bookmarklets app from the excellent BigBoss source, which gets you iCopy plus several other very cool bookmarklets, like Find in Page, iTransmogrify (for Flash viewing), Open in New Tab etc. ...

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Thanks patrickj. I just dragged the link to my bookmark bar on my imac but have notice they (bookmarks) are not syncing to my iPhone. Before you ask I am not jailbroken and my iPhone is set to autosync and 'sync safari web browser' is checked. It seems to be going through the motions in that syncing bookmarks appears but it not showing up on my iPhone. Any ideas?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
If you're on a Mac, try the solution mentioned in this thread.

If not on a Mac, another solution that has worked for me in the past (though it requires more work) is to manually delete all your bookmarks in Mobile Safari on the iPhone and then sync. BUT ... this is only viable if you either: A) have synced them all before to your computer and are OK with getting them back from Safari on the PC or B) Don't care about having to re-create some or all of them on the iPhone ...

Last edited by a moderator:

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Cancel that. Just cleared my history in safari and tried it again and for some reason it worked. Thanks again

Now i am going to play

soni

Mar 10, 2009
I have a JB iPhone 3G. How do I get iSMS messaging? I don't know how to do this? Do I have to download from phone or do I connect it to the internet? Is this multimedia capable? Thanks.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
Go into cydia via iPhone and then search for it. Once you fin it simply install it.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
But what about copy and paste, is this possible on a jailbroken phone.
There are two pretty good copy & paste apps for jailbroken iPhones, Clippy and hClipboard. I personally prefer hClipboard, but to each his own. You might want to check these two apps out.