Two threads for one person

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Veevee, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Veevee

Veevee New Member

I have the same Sara twice in my messages and when I text her from a new message it goes to one but when I go to her message it's a different one. What is this and how do I get rid of it

Sent using iCafe app

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You could put a last name or initial for the last name for one or both of them in your contacts.

3. Veevee

Veevee New Member

But that still doesn't make it become one thread they're both the same names in my contact list

Sent using iCafe app

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Are these single messages that you are just sending to one person? Is the message going to both Sara's or to the correct one in her list of messages on your phone (thread) and then listed again in its own thread? Look at the phone number under each of these threads and see if it's the same (the correct Sara). I would try deleting both contacts and adding them back in with last names.

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I texted you a while back, Europa, and your reply came back to me in a separate message thread. Only happened the one time.

6. Veevee

Veevee New Member

No they're both the same person. Her name is Sara and when I text her from a new message it becomes a new thread but I already have a thread for her

Sent using iCafe app

7. Robert Brickman

Robert Brickman New Member

This is probably what happened: She started the original thread from her phone number or email and then changed iCloud settings to either her phone number or email to be the main 'caller ID' for iMessages, or changed her email address associated with iMessage. If you want to check on this go to the top of the message thread (for each thread), tap on CONTACT and then see which number or email address is highlighted blue.