Txt ringtone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

sp33d

Bronze
Aug 28, 2007
supposedly you can do it with the update, or even throught modding..

i don't know too much about either, sorry.
Can't you do it through iBrickr... I know you can change tones for many things on iBrickr.. shutting down start up noise and all that fun crap.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Yeah I wish with 1.0.2 that there was a way to assign the ringtone for a person to the tone for messages received from that person. I'm not sure if it's an option on 1.1.1 or not however. I do love my "default" SMS sound, ala Eurotrip the movie, "(beep beep) MAIL MOTHER******!" :laugh2:

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
Yeah I wish with 1.0.2 that there was a way to assign the ringtone for a person to the tone for messages received from that person. I'm not sure if it's an option on 1.1.1 or not however. I do love my "default" SMS sound, ala Eurotrip the movie, "(beep beep) MAIL MOTHER******!" :laugh2:
how do u do thayttt ive beeen wanting it for yrssss! please tell me lol

durkadurka

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
3 ways:

1. update to 1.1.1. I personally think the 7 they give you suck and aren't loud enough.

2. swap your own in using ibrikr

3. Install customize via apptapp or ibrikr and you can swap it out with the rest of your system sounds there I believe.

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
Install AppTapp then install Customize.
In Customize you can change sounds for SMS, Mail, Slider...

goto modmyiPhone sounds download:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=20

I'm using British Female sounds. You really need to learn how to mod, it's not difficult. Blast to learn, IMO. :p

oo cool thanks. i d/l to my computer then what? i don't get how i take it from there, thanks. nemore links u got to cool stuff like that?