typing anomaly

Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
ok, this might be a weird anomaly ....
but I was noticing that if I try to type macgyver on my iPhone....i would do mach instead of macg....when i get to type the G...it wont let me ...it puts an h like the phone things that i want to spell machine....the G is totally not working..

all i want to spell is macgyver with out a hitch...lol

oh macgyver episodes are on cbs.com/classics... lol....

let me know what yall think and if you guys are having the same problem and what other words are like that..

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
That phenomenon is part of the "autocorrect" system in the iPhone's keyboard software. What it does is try to predict words you are most likely to type, and it will eliminate letters dynamically to increase the "target space" of other, more likely letters. It's aggravating when you come across a word like Macgyver, but honestly, how many times do you see a c next to a g in the english langauge? ;)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
All you have to do is backspace to erase the "h" in Mach and it will then let you type Macg...

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
That phenomenon is part of the "autocorrect" system in the iPhone's keyboard software. What it does is try to predict words you are most likely to type, and it will eliminate letters dynamically to increase the "target space" of other, more likely letters. It's aggravating when you come across a word like Macgyver, but honestly, how many times do you see a c next to a g in the english langauge? ;)
I seecg thcgem quicgte fricggin' oftcgen!