Typing on physical keyboard (Treo) vs iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
May 9, 2007
I have to decide between the Treo 755 and the iPhone. My two criteria are:
1. It must be greyscale of some sort--black or grey, silver, NO color.
2. I need to be able to type without looking at the "keys" which means in addition to a touchscreen, will there be a physical keyboard such as a Treo?
Thanks.

jswan

Mar 20, 2007
2. I need to be able to type without looking at the "keys" which means in addition to a touchscreen, will there be a physical keyboard such as a Treo?
Thanks.
Nope. Just touch.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
But I type without looking at the keys. How do you to that on a touchscreen?
I think that would difficult with either a Treo QWERTY keyboard or Apple's keyboard.

Unless Verizon releases the Treo 755p, I don't see Sprint releasing a 3rd color.

Having reviewed the midnight blue Treo 750, that color is both professional and good looking. If you look at my pictures, you'll notice it's very close to black. I'm in the process of reviewing the maroon Treo 755p and hope to have a review completed shortly.

One major plus for the iPhone is that it's an iPod. That's convergence at it's best.;)

Good luck with your decision!

-Chris

May 6, 2007
United States
Yes, I guess that would be hard on the iPhone's keyboard. But is it worth giving up the other features, like an iPod as Chris noted, for that?

It is really your decision and I am not telling you to go either way. Both phones are very good, and I hope that you find the one that is best for you.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Thanks.
I must be missing something. How do you type on those keys without looking at them? I can imagine with the engineering that has gone into the touch screen and visual feedback that with a little practice the iPhone keyboard could be much faster to type on.

May 6, 2007
United States
I must be missing something. How do you type on those keys without looking at them? I can imagine with the engineering that has gone into the touch screen and visual feedback that with a little practice the iPhone keyboard could be much faster to type on.
Yeah, I think that, after getting used to it, the iPhone keyboard would actually be easier to type on without looking than the tiny plastic keys of other smartphones. As I said earlier, though, either choice would be hard to do.

JeffBobula

Bronze
Apr 20, 2007
Madison, Wisconsin
Yeah man, I have a TREO, and I still have to look at the keys...they are so damn small. Maybe some people can, but its tough for me...Im sure itll be the same for the iPhone...but its up to you!

Remain Nameless

Bronze
May 14, 2007
The iPhone's touchscreen certainly saves on wearing and tear of those tiny little plastic keyboard keys (which to me, seem to be cumbersome when compared to the size of an average finger tip... furthermore, iPhone's predictive texting features helps complete your sentences and correct your spellings instantly while you type).

Just some food for thought :)