Typography

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Page not found. Good job. :)
Funnily, I seem unable to fix this at the moment, even with the garbage after the question mark in the URL removed. I'll have to come back to this.

Meanwhile, if you simply can't wait to read this exciting information, please Google "uppercase lowercase numbers quora" and click on the top result.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
The forum is autocorrecting the link and adding an apostrophe to the contraction of the words do not, thus breaking the link.
Ahhh, yes, my URLs have succumbed to the forum's autocorrection before. I think it's been that way for the longest time. I can't believe this hasn't been addressed yet.

Reader, here's the fixed link.

Please copy and paste it to your browser's address bar.

Code:
http://www.quora.com/Why-don't-lowercase-and-uppercase-numbers-exist

Last edited:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Ahhh, yes, my URLs have succumbed to the forum's autocorrection before. I think it's been that way for the longest time. I can't believe this hasn't been addressed yet.

Reader, here's the fixed link.

http://www.quora.com/Why-don't-lowercase-and-uppercase-numbers-exist
You posted it again? I just explained that it's an autocorrect. Your "fixed" link doesn't work for the same reason your other links didn't. People will need to manually remove the apostrophe (from the word don't) on your link if they are interested.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Oh dear, it even corrupts text within /code/ tags. I give up.

Reader, please remove the apostrophe on your own.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
You posted it again? I just explained that it's an autocorrect. Your "fixed" link doesn't for the same reason your other links didn't. People will need to manually remove the apostrophe (from the word don't) on your link if they are interested.
I didn't JUST "post it again." I posted it again enclosed in /code/ tags. I figured content enclosed in those wouldn't get autocorrected, since it's reserved for computer code, to be presented to the reader exactly as the writer intended. The forum apparently doesn't respect the /code/ tags.

Rest assured, I understood your explanation.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I didn't JUST "post it again." I posted it again enclosed in /code/ tags. I figured content enclosed in those wouldn't get autocorrected, since it's reserved for computer code, to be presented to the reader exactly as the writer intended. The forum apparently doesn't respect the /code/ tags.

Rest assured, I understood your explanation.
You can't circumvent the forum's autocorrect.