Ubuntu Love

Dec 8, 2008
N
Wow, ive been running it for a few days and i just finished removal of windows, Ubuntu is so great and snappy and simply works!
U guys should look into it

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
i'm not that familiar with linux OS but i have heard great things about it. i love my mac OS X and really have no reasons to want to switch at the moment. either way skol you are A-OK in my book, if you're ever around the detroit area hit me up and we will grab some beers, pick up some girls, and of course treat em like ****!

Dec 8, 2008
N
Hahhaaha. Hell yah, that never failsto make me crack up!
I don't know this for sure but, i heard Detroit has plenty of clubs and hotspots for girls, and plenty of hotels to tretlat them like shlt..

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
Wow, ive been running it for a few days and i just finished removal of windows, Ubuntu is so great and snappy and simply works!
U guys should look into it
Ubuntu is great. I built a machine to run as a server a few weeks ago installing Ubuntu on it. If you think it's snappy now, check out fluxbox, a really simple window front end that can be tweeked to your liking. I really love the Ubuntu forum, too. It's packed with answers and good people just like this place.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Ubuntu was a great buffer for moving from windows to OS X. Its kinda like windows and OS X combined. I used ubuntu for about 6 months before getting my mac.

Dec 8, 2008
N
Ubuntu is awesome im learning more and more about it and the thing that its cool is that u choose how to do stuff as there are many ways to do same thing.. Ubuntu is not windows. Its not a better windows.... Its ubuntu and its great, speeds are amazing!

Mac Os x is a linux brother, of partition of real Unix... Mac is closer to linux then windows...

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Right but I think that the reason ubuntu is the gap between windows and linux is the UI feels more like windows (yes this can be changed to whatever), but the actual OS is closer to OSX because of Unix obviously

Dec 8, 2008
N
True i. Some forms... Have u played around with compiz fusion yet?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Linux is very fun, and works brilliantly, but it can be a pain to use beyond basic applications like office apps or internet browsing. Much better suited towards server work.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
Just bought a new laptop (not an Apple - can't afford the Apple tax in this economy) that runs Vista and was talking to my IT guy about Ubuntu. I was sold till he told me there wasn't an iTunes version for it. Is this true?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
True. But there are ways to run virtualization software so that the osx or windows version will run on it.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Just bought a new laptop (not an Apple - can't afford the Apple tax in this economy) that runs Vista and was talking to my IT guy about Ubuntu. I was sold till he told me there wasn't an iTunes version for it. Is this true?
Yes this is true. That was my main reason for not using it. There are some linux apps that are similar to iTunes and can sync an ipod but obviously not an iPhone since there is the appstore and whatnot.

Dec 8, 2008
N
iTunes can be ran easely using wine or vmware.. Its no longer a problem!