UFC fans?

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
With the upcoming UFC 101 PPV event coming locally (Philadelphia) to me, I'm wondering if anyone here is a UFC fan, besides me?

:)

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I'm not a huge UFC fan but I really love watching it. I miss a lot of weekly episodes but I try to watch every Pay Per View. Brock Lesnar, of course, is my favorite fighter. So as Chuck Lidell (he was and is a legend) and BJ Penn (love the dude). Who's your favorite fighter? Oh and have you played it on a console before? It's awesome. I have UFC 2009 Undisputed and completed the career mode of creating a player and reaching the top.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I started liking them a lot more when they came out with the grilled chicken.

--
Mike

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I'm not a huge UFC fan but I really love watching it. I miss a lot of weekly episodes but I try to watch every Pay Per View. Brock Lesnar, of course, is my favorite fighter. So as Chuck Lidell (he was and is a legend) and BJ Penn (love the dude). Who's your favorite fighter? Oh and have you played it on a console before? It's awesome. I have UFC 2009 Undisputed and completed the career mode of creating a player and reaching the top.
Very nice! Yeah Brock Lesnar is definitely the man! Some of my favorites that I really love watching are Keith Jardine, Forrest Griffin, Michael Bisping and Matt Hamill, to name a few! :eek:k:eek:k

I actually don't have the game, but was planning on picking it up this weekend. Probably on Sunday after I watch UFC 101 Saturday night... :)

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
It was a joke! Thought a smiley would make it too obvious.

--
Mike

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I just wish Affliction & UFC would merge so Lesner can get his @ss kicked by Fedor.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I just wish Affliction & UFC would merge so Lesner can get his @ss kicked by Fedor.
I have never watched Affliction before neither do I even know Fedor, but if I am not wrong, no one can really kick Lesnar's ass from the current MMA fighters. Brock Lesnar just appeared in the MMA businesss recently and he started dominating in NO TIME. Not a lot of fighters do that, especially the ones who never played a REAL sport before, since WWE is just fake as you might already know. A brief note about Brock Lesnar - no one until this moment can block Lesnar's take-downs. You should watch a match or two of his on UFC, (ignoring the very first one he had with Frank Mir since Mir was totally more experienced at the time) youtube has a lot of those. Also his striking power and accuracy are amazing. He is probably the most accurate power-fighter in the UFC, he strikes so hard and so accurately, both on the ground and standing. Brock Lesnar is a legend, and I am pretty sure he'll be in the Hall of Fame when he decides to retire.. but I am guessing that's not any time soon because I look forward to seeing him kicking more fighters' butts.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Fedor Emelianenko is the epitome of MMA. He is considered to have the heaviest & fastest hands for a heavyweight. He moves like a middle. If you take him down, he will easily break one of your limbs or choke you out. He has beaten challengers 10 times bigger than Lesnar.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Holly ******* hell. That guy is a beast, lol. I'd love to see a match between him and Brock Lesnar, because that is kind of Lesnar's style. Fast, powerful, accurate, and incredible in takedowns and submissions. I think I watched a video of Dana White talking in an interview about how much he tried to bring Fedor to the UFC but failed.

gogoplata1980

Bronze
May 6, 2009
Cleburne, TX.
Affliction folded about a week ago. They are now sponsors for the UFC again. Fedor just(stupidly) signed with Strikeforce on Monday. While Fedor is the best heavyweight, he's an idiot for not signing with the UFC. I'm a huge MMA fan, not just UFC. I was blessed enough to get floor seats for UFC 103 in Dallas on September 19th. I get to see Rich Franklin vs. Vitor Belfort(that's right baby, he's back!) and CroCop vs. Junior Dos Santos! I can't wait!

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Congratulations for the tickets and I can't wait to see Fedor in action. When is the next PPV exactly? In two days?

gogoplata1980

Bronze
May 6, 2009
Cleburne, TX.
Congratulations for the tickets and I can't wait to see Fedor in action. When is the next PPV exactly? In two days?
Thanks! Fedor probably will not be fighting until the Fall. He was supposed to fight Josh Barnett on the 1st of this month but Affliction folded before the date. The next UFC PPV is this Saturday, the 8th. The UFC is then having 102 on the 29th.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Affliction folded about a week ago. They are now sponsors for the UFC again. Fedor just(stupidly) signed with Strikeforce on Monday. While Fedor is the best heavyweight, he's an idiot for not signing with the UFC. I'm a huge MMA fan, not just UFC. I was blessed enough to get floor seats for UFC 103 in Dallas on September 19th. I get to see Rich Franklin vs. Vitor Belfort(that's right baby, he's back!) and CroCop vs. Junior Dos Santos! I can't wait!
Nice work on the tickets! That's going to be awesome! They're coming to my area for 101 this Saturday. Unfortunately, for me, I only started looking for tickets last week, and well...the cheapest I found were $200+ for one ticket and they were pretty bad seats. Meh, the $44.95 USD for the event on PPV sounds more attractive... :cool:

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I'll probably end up watching the fight at home in HD. My favorite fighter is GSP. Lesnar is a tool. He's just too big and has a lot of upper body strength. Mir got him to tap out before (I think, 1:46 into the FIRST round), I'm sure someone else can take down Lesnar as well.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I'll probably end up watching the fight at home in HD. My favorite fighter is GSP. Lesnar is a tool. He's just too big and has a lot of upper body strength. Mir got him to tap out before (I think, 1:46 into the FIRST round), I'm sure someone else can take down Lesnar as well.
In his defense, he was not experienced in the UFC at all. Not to say Mir didn't get his win fair and square, but as we saw in the rematch at 100, Lesnar is just way more powerful. I'm not saying there isn't anyone that can't beat him, but it's going to take a lot. Say what you want about the guy, but he is strong, quick and extremely powerful for a man his size.

He needs to knock off his attitude though, he is definitely not as humble as most UFC fighters are.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
In his defense, he was not experienced in the UFC at all. Not to say Mir didn't get his win fair and square, but as we saw in the rematch at 100, Lesnar is just way more powerful. I'm not saying there isn't anyone that can't beat him, but it's going to take a lot. Say what you want about the guy, but he is strong, quick and extremely powerful for a man his size.

He needs to knock off his attitude though, he is definitely not as humble as most UFC fighters are.
For someone walking into the UFC, he was given a MAJOR advantage. What's his overall record? What was his overall record when we had a title bout? I understand it's about making money, but surely he's been handed more than he should have.

I'm not saying he's terrible, but I'll compare him to Tank. Once fighters came in w/martial arts experience or actual fighting skills, he couldn't just sit there and knock them out. He started to lose quickly, and then retired. In the heavyweight division, there isn't going to be a lot of tactics, but if there ever comes along someone who has some tactical skill, Lesnar will stand no chance, IMO.

I really think if GSP was a bigger guy, he'd take Lesnar.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
For someone walking into the UFC, he was given a MAJOR advantage. What's his overall record? What was his overall record when we had a title bout? I understand it's about making money, but surely he's been handed more than he should have.

I'm not saying he's terrible, but I'll compare him to Tank. Once fighters came in w/martial arts experience or actual fighting skills, he couldn't just sit there and knock them out. He started to lose quickly, and then retired. In the heavyweight division, there isn't going to be a lot of tactics, but if there ever comes along someone who has some tactical skill, Lesnar will stand no chance, IMO.

I really think if GSP was a bigger guy, he'd take Lesnar.
Haha, yes, well, we can speculate all we want on the outcomes of potential fights, but until they happen, that's all it is: speculation.

Anyway, yeah... I don't understand how he got a shot at the title that quickly... but whatever.