UGH! Lost all my Contacts with update :(

iBrad

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I had to restore my iPhone, because of course I modded my phone... And now I lost all my contacts and all the other stuff that you freakin need... And no I don't have an address book that I keep on my computer, I know I'm stupid... Anyone know why it didn't use the back up like it did the last update?

uPhone559

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
this very last time i restored for the update iTunes actually kept all of my contacts, every other time I had restored my phone i lost EVERYTHING! this happened about 5 times. does your iPhone say it timed out?

hot_mamma311

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Chicago
I had the same problem, lost everything!

I had made sure that a back up was done before i hit restore and update but all it did was put my music and pics back on there, no contacts no nothing :(

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I had the same problem, lost everything!

I had made sure that a back up was done before i hit restore and update but all it did was put my music and pics back on there, no contacts no nothing :(
Is there anyway we can make sure this doesn't happen? Maybe back them up in Outlook of Yahoo Express?

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I just updated 2 iPhones, the first wasn't as smooth as the second, but in BOTH cases all the data was retained on both phones. The only thing that didn't get retained was the Camera Roll, but I knew this going in and already backed them up to my desktop.

All I did for both phones was perform a sync first, then click the Restore button, and once restored selected the proper profile when asked.